Chapter 10 - G'Morning

A/N: Above is Hanako's black suit. The art is not mine!! :)

Aizawa woke to the smell of eggs wafting through his apartment

Aizawa woke to the smell of eggs wafting through his apartment. He groaned as he sat up, rubbing away the grime in his eyes. Evelyn had disappeared from his embrace and fear spiked through him.

He searched for the woman, only to find her in the kitchen. He practically choked at her outfit. Of course, he had seen it last night, but for some reason, it was so much better in the morning glow. The shirt that he had given her the night before hung loosely on her frame, wrinkled from sleep. His shorts had been hiked much higher, exposing a lot more skin. 

He thought back to her black costume last night. He assumed that it was some sort of camo feature for night adventures. For some reason, seeing her in the dark color was so... appealing. 

Her hair was frizzy and he felt his heartbeat heavily. She turned to him, a mixing bowl in her hands as she beat the eggs.

"Morning." She gave a bright smile before turning back to the stove. The scene was so domestic that he couldn't help but wonder if this was what it would be like if they were together. Waking up after a long night to see Evelyn cooking and spoiling him. Sleeping together, holding each other close.

He began walking over. "Can I help with anything." Evelyn let out a short hum before shaking her head. "Evelyn, it's my house and you're my guest."

Evelyn flipped up a butter knife, pointing it at him. Aizawa backed up, holding his hands in the air in a non-threatening manner. "You are letting me stay in your house. This is me paying you back." She lowered the knife and gave him a close-eyed smile. "You should go freshen up." The sizzle of the eggs reached his ears, and he perked up from his thoughts. "Breakfast is almost ready."

Aizawa disappeared into the shower, the sound of running water clashing with the sound of the stove. Evelyn focused on her task, carefully rolling the eggs in the pan. She hummed as she cooked, shifting her weight to her back leg as she carefully scooped the tamagoyaki out and slid it onto a plate with rice.

By the time she had finished adding the final touches, Aizawa stepped out of the bathroom. A towel was wrapped loosely around his hips, accentuating his v-line, his abs still glistening from the shower. Evelyn gulped. There was a second towel in his hands as he carefully dried his hair. She looked away and Aizawa set off to his room to get dressed.

When he returned, he noticed the flustered look on her face, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he placed a hair tie between his lips and pulled his hair into a low bun. Evelyn stared at him.

Damn, he's hot. She looked down at breakfast. "I hope you enjoy it. I could've made some miso soup too, but you have limited food supply here." She snarked, grinning as Aizawa became flustered. "Seriously, do you even eat?"

"I normally eat takeout." He muttered before digging into the food. He nearly moaned as the hot food filled his mouth. Aizawa couldn't really remember the last time he had a homemade meal, normally settling for protein packets and jelly packs. Evelyn watched in amusement as he scarfed the food down before leaning back in happiness. It was early morning on Saturday, so neither of them really had anything to do.

He sighed blissfully before sitting straight. The happy look was replaced with a serious and concerned one. "So, Evelyn. I want to know what happened last night. In better detail." He didn't miss the strange emotion that washed over her face. Was that shame? What was she ashamed of, he didn't have a clue.

Evelyn began regaling what happened at her apartment, from the sniper to being stabbed in the wrist, to being thrown out the window. Aizawa listened attentively, nodding as she reached the part when she arrived at his house. After she finished she grew quiet and silence filled the house.

Aizawa frowned. "What's wrong?

You're not-" She paused, thinking about if she should really ask him. "You don't think it was shameful that I ran?"

Aizawa took a sharp intake of breath. So that was what was bothering her? Not that she had almost died a few hours ago? "Evelyn. You got ambushed and were heavily outnumbered. I would have done the same thing."

His reassurance did nothing, as tears filled her eyes. "I'm a hero. A pro and I couldn't even defend myself against some villains. How-" She hiccuped, pausing in her rant. Aizawa stood up, moving to stand behind her and rub his hand soothingly in circles on her back, trying to calm her down.

"I-" He started hesitating a bit. Aizawa wasn't the best at comforting others, but he tried. "I don't think of you any different. At this moment, you are one of the bravest people I've ever met."

Evelyn looked up, and without saying anything he nodded, confirming what he just said. She wrapped her dainty arms around his waist, pulling him closer. He smelled good. Like, so ridiculously good that she wanted to make him into a candle.

Aizawa pulled away slightly to take a closer look at her. She was still sitting, so her head was around his stomach, and he felt something stir inside him. She looked back up, glassy caramel eyes meeting his.

She stared back up into his eyes. For the first time realizing how beautiful they were. A glassy, pure black meeting her light brown. The way they glistened brightly in the morning sunlight that filtered throughout the small apartment.

He stared back, her eyes swirling as the tears began to fade away. She smelled like his shampoo and the thought of that made his ears burn. Aizawa then realized how close she was to him and pulled away with a grunt.

A flush covered his neck, creeping up to his ears. "You should probably crash here for the next few days. Until your apartment is safe again."

Evelyn nodded, smiling. "Are you sure? I don't want to be a burden or anything." She shifted nervously. In reality, the idea of living with Aizawa was thrilling. Her heart raced as she stared up at him, taking in his features. With his hair out of the way, his jawline was more defined and you could see more of his face this way.

She shook the thoughts away, confusing Aizawa, but he began rambling about living arrangements and how they would gather stuff from her apartment and then go talk to the police and Nezu. Evelyn tuned out as she focused on her emotions.

Do I- She paused and a knot caught in her throat as she looked over to Aizawa. Holy shit. I like him.

 I like him