Chapter 11 - Hushed Whispers

That afternoon, Aizawa took Evelyn down the police station to file a report

That afternoon, Aizawa took Evelyn down the police station to file a report. After that, they gathered a couple of items from her destroyed apartment, mainly clothes, before heading back to his house. Evelyn was eternally grateful that Aizawa was going to allow her to stay at his place. Though, now Evelyn could barely look at the man without a heavy red blush coating her cheeks.

Saturday faded away. Evelyn had taken him grocery shopping because apparently, Aizawa's pantry was insufficient for her cooking desires and she refused to let him survive on take-out while she was living with him.

Aizawa could barely control himself. He definitely could get used to Evelyn living in his house. She had taken to sleeping on the couch, despite his defiance. However, waking up every day to see her in the kitchen, cooking breakfast? Seeing her fresh out of the shower, hair soaked, dressed in a t-shirt and shorts? The urge to kiss the woman had never been stronger. However, he refrained. She was his co-worker.

Sunday came. Aizawa woke to banana pancakes. He sat down and a hot cup of jasmine tea was placed in front of him. He frowned at the murky water.

Evelyn clicked her teeth. "Drinking the amount of coffee you do is unhealthy. Mix it up for today."

"Okay, mom," Aizawa grumbled as he lifted the cup to his mouth. It had only been two days, but he quickly realized it was better not to argue with Evelyn. The woman was stubborn.

Evelyn placed a plateful of bananas in front of him, a cheeky grin crossing her face. "Didn't know you liked that kinda stuff, Shota." Aizawa quickly spluttered, choking on his tea. A red flush covered his neck as he tried to regain his composure. Evelyn giggled before sitting down and eating her pancakes.

She pointed her fork at him as she swallowed a mouthful. "Anyways, today I have patrol from 2-8 pm. I should be back a little earlier though." She paused to take another bite, talking as she chewed slowly. "I know you have late patrols so I didn't want to bother you if you're sleeping."

Aizawa shook his head. "I should be up by then. I normally work on grading from 7-10 pm and then go on patrols until 4." Evelyn dropped her fork.

She stared in awe at the man in front of her. "Honestly- I'm not even going to question how you survive to be up that late."

He quirked an eyebrow. "I don't." he brought the tea up to his lips and sipped it obnoxiously, causing Evelyn to let out a small snort.

"Alright. Whatever you say." Evelyn laughed, before finishing off her pancakes. The day went by fairly quickly. Evelyn and Aizawa had short interactions, passing each other in the hallway. Before Evelyn knew it, she was leaving for patrol. It was kind of embarrassing leaving his house, but she stood strong nevertheless.

Evelyn had insisted on her hours being from 2-8 for good reason. It was easier to work in the afternoon since most crimes occurred at night or in the morning. She would be able to get more sleep this way too. But majorly, it was because Evelyn enjoyed flying at sunset.