First Crush Reborn

A somewhat of a long and awkward silence hung in the air for what seemed, to Cuphead and at least to those around him, an eternity. But in reality it was only a few awkwardly tense ten seconds. While Cuphead awkwardly froze in place after his well intended greeting, Mugman made a face that said, "Oh dear Lord. What have I just unleashed?" Wheezy asked King Dice what he, Cuphead, was shouting about and if they should be worried about it. Then, as King Dice took a sip of bourbon while leaning on the bar counter replied with a cocky smile and with a know it all southern accent, "Oh it's nothing to be concerned about. It's just the fact that our little, "not interested in love but money," Cuphead, has finally gotten himself his first crush." Wheezy's eyes widened and asked King Dice who Cuphead had a crush on. And Dice replied, "Well~.....if you can believe it. It's the blond haired newbie that nearly killed one of our waiters with just a scary look and a death threat. Ha, ha, haaaaa!" As Dice cackled, Wheezy, for a split second, widened his eyes even further and blanked out. Then, a split second later, he snapped out of the trance, and decided to tell the rest of the casino gang all about it. "Hey, guys! Guess what?! Cuphead has a crush! And it's not with money, but an actual girl!"

As Wheezy said this, the casino staff started surrounding the flustered Cuphead with excitement and curiosity. As they did that, Dice said, "Here we go." And took another sip of bourbon, then poured himself a refill in his glass and sat back and relaxed on a bar stool enjoying the show. The casino crew asked all sorts of questions like, "Where did you meet her?" Or "What's she like?" And the oh-so popular questions, "Who is she?" And "What's her name?" And of course, all of those questions weren't even answered by Cuphead, but by Wheezy, who got his info from Dice. They pretty much dropped their mouths open when Wheezy told them who it was that Cuphead had a crush on. They were pretty much dumbfounded, and asked Cuphead the most important question, "Why?"

Cuphead responded in a nervous and embarrassed tone in his voice and with a somewhat blushing face. "Well it's just that I think, that, she's pretty cool, brave, tough, strong, and the fact that she can stand up for people and herself is pretty awesome. So in a way, she's admirable." Then as he said that, a tall female humanoid roulette table with arms and legs came into view. Her name is Pirouletta, she's probably one of the most friendliest people in the casino crew. And she was always willing to help her comrades when needed. Including giving advice for someone who is in love and has no idea on what to do. "Do you think she's cute?" Cuphead blushed when she asked the question on whether that he finds her attractive or not. But despite his reaction, she continued asking him, "So....in other words, you think she's cute AND special. Right?" Cuphead was about to agree with her but then caught himself from admitting that and covered his mouth from saying anything more. But unfortunately for him, that just only confirmed what she just said.

While the whole gang was teasing and congratulating him on his first crush. Adrian happened to overhear the whole conversation. And he couldn't help but have a big smile on his face. He thought to himself, "Aaaaahhhhh..... I see how it is~. If only that poor fella knew how she felt about him." Which gave him an idea. An idea that would hopefully resolve the whole situation between him and Joan. And hopefully this would get her to forgive him for what he did.

To be continued...