Just Dance!!! (part 3)

As Joan and Cuphead danced, they shared laughs, giggles, and smiles with each other. While at the same time making sure that neither one of them made any mistakes. Mostly Cuphead, who was almost always on the verge of stepping on Joan's feet.

But other than the few casualties of sore feet; the two were having the most wonderful of time with each other. And it wasn't till that the song ended that they bowed/curtsied adieu and went back to their table that things started to get..... interesting. For, it wasn't till Joan sat in her seat that both her name and her sister's were called to the stage to do the duet and their solos. Each of them were to perform their solos first then their duet. Joan, then of course, rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Cuphead I'll be right back, I have to take care of a certain problem." She retorted.

Cuphead with his wide smirk on his face teasingly said, "Have a good time up there! I'll be watching Joanie Baloney!" And though he meant to just tease her a little bit, he unknowingly struck a cord in her heart.

She froze just looking at Cuphead with a funny paralyzed face and finally saying, "W-w-what did you just say?"

To which Cuphead's response was, "Joanie. Y'know the cute little nickname that your sister has for you? She said it during the car ride here. Remember?"

Finally relaxed with the look of relief and disappointment she readjusted herself and said, "O-o-of course. That darn sister of mine. I'll give her a two what four later on. And don't think that you're getting away with calling me that. I'll see you later on."

As she walked away, Cuphead wondered why he did that. Sure, he meant to call her 'Joanie' but not the 'Baloney' part. He wondered why he said that. It almost felt natural to say that, as though he had always called her that. To which his response was,  "That's weird."

Joan was surprised out of her skin. She hadn't heard him call her that since they were kids. Sure Josephine had her nickname for her but Cuphead himself came up with that "Joanie Baloney" nickname after a certain incident with Joan not sharing a baloney sandwich with Cuphead.

At the time, she couldn't help it. She never had baloney before and to her young mind and mouth, it was a treasure to behold. Even when she had finished her half of the sandwich, she still wanted more. So when Cuphead wasn't looking she swiped his half and gobbled it whole. Cuphead never really forgot that incident.

So in order to tease her into doing some of the things that he wanted to do, like pranks on the neighbors or getting into mischief, he would use that name to get her riled up and upset. But in a sense that it was enjoyable, fun, and of course blackmail. And though hearing that nickname brought back these memories, she still smiled sweetly but sadly and remembered what she had to do at the end of this event. She sighed, and as she walked behind the stage she waited for her sister to finish her solo and then it was her turn.

As her sister exited from the stage Joan performed, "Wanderer's Lullaby"(by Adriana Figueroa. Look on YouTube for reference).

Everyone in the audience was in awe of her voice and they were in more awe when the sisters performed together in their duet later on.

(For reference on what their voices sound like together in the common identical twin voice. Go to YouTube and look up SquigglyDigg. Her voice is the neutral zone on what the twins sound like. Josephine's voice is low while Joan's voice is high. But they can raise/lower their voice to where it sounds like her. They sometimes take turns singing the lyrics when in a duet. So basically they have two voice pitches. One that doesn't match up at all and then there's the level of pitch that makes them sound the same. But they don't use it as often. Just for reference guys.)

Cuphead couldn't believe how beautiful her voice was. It almost kind of reminds him of that mysterious singer that performed at the casino a few weeks prior.

"Hey she kinda reminds me of that singer!" He gasped in surprise.

A few moments passed and King Dice was starting to wonder if Cuphead got the gist yet.

"OH. MY. GOD! SHE'S THE MYSTERIOUS SINGER?!" He shouted with extreme surprise.

To which Dice's response was, "Atta boy! You finally got it!"

And though he said this, he had this look on his face that said, "Welp, that took him long enough," while drinking a glass of red wine.

"But I don't understand. She's human. The singer was anything BUT human. Unless..... SHE'S NOT HUMAN?!" He screeched.

To which Dice's response was, "Give the boy a prize! He just answered today's most asked question!" He said in a sardonically sarcastic tone.

Cuphead then narrowed his eyes and looked at Dice, "Wait a minute, did you know from the very beginning that she wasn----"

"Wasn't human? Well not at first, but then it all came to me when she threatened that demon employee. No human in history, except for priests and such, are capable of putting the fear of God into a demon's heart like she did that day. I was taken aback a little but I figured that as long as she paid her debt and she wouldn't mess up business, then I was fine with it."

Cuphead wasn't really sure on what to think at this point; the fact that the Star Sisters weren't human or Dicehead being so casual of an unexpected surprise.

It was later backstage, that Joan had to excuse herself to use the ladies' room. But little did she know that she was being followed. Followed by someone she had least expected.

To be continued...