Prologue

She was considered to be the best Red Wolf as well as the worst. People were cautious in saying her name because there had been rumors that she was still alive and killed anyone that uttered it.

Her name was Rylan Reece... or Pierce because of her mate's last name. She was beautiful, they said, but I would never know because the pictures of her had been destroyed. Everything that had to do with her was destroyed except for a little box that held her voice.

She was dangerous, so dangerous that some people didn't want to work with her because they thought she would turn against them, kill them in their sleep, and turn the world into darkness. And, in a way, she did.

She did this by going against what her pack said, what her pack wanted her to do. She thought that she could protect them, hiding information and coming up with a plan with a man named Ferons. She thought that she could win against the people that wanted her, but... she didn't.

Whatever plan that she came up with had failed, and she died at the hand of one of her Protectors named Liam just like she had wanted. She wanted this because she didn't want anyone to die at her hands, her hands already stained red with innocent blood.

After she died, the world started to die with her. The group that Rylan and her gang tried to kill off grew in power and took over the whole world. Werewolves became the top Alpha with the Vampires underneath them.

Humans were killed off one by one or used to work in labor camps that the Supernatural people would profit from them. Those that were free or rescued lived with us, but I could tell that they didn't like being protected by Werewolves, the same people that had started to control them.

There was one thing that this group of people needed. There was one missing piece that they needed to control the world fully and to stop the rebellious group that dared to defy them.

They needed to destroy the hope that they, the Rebels, had. They needed the new Red Wolf.

They needed me.