Chapter 8

I reread the letter a couple of times to see if I couldn't figure out what the capitalized letters meant. However, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't figure it out.

I pursed my lips, annoyed, and narrowed my eyes as I set the letter on the table. I had no idea why Ry had written to me about this female but did not tell me any information about her.

Was she already born? Did she exist here, or were there other universes? If there were different universes, then was she already born? Was I wrong to imagine the girl as snotty, or was she snotty?

I sighed and moved a hand across the bridge of my nose; my head started to pound. I looked at the two letters on the ground and picked them up.

One was labeled with 'Siran' while the other said 'Coop.' Like the letter that I had, they were both old and worn out.

"What does this mean?" I asked, tracing the word Siran. "Is this her? Is this what she is?"

There was no answer, and I was feeling upset that I had no answer to the questions that were in my mind.

I bit back a sigh and grabbed the letters, having a spot in mind that I could hide them. I did not know if I could show these letters to Giselle, so I wasn't going to. I would have if she hadn't had two other letters with them, and it seemed to me that any mention of them could harm whoever they were for. I placed them up before going to my bed and laying down.

I had no idea what to do now because Fernos was still guarding the door, and I knew that he would just put me back if I left. I had the urge to go to the creek and train, but I knew that I couldn't, with Cooper having grounding me to this place.

I bit back a groan and buried my face into the bed, feeling rather bored. I have tried escaping the confines of my place before, but I had always been brought back with nothing but an empty feeling where my stomach should be.

Someone pushed back the curtain and cleared their throat. "You are needed," the person said, and I looked up to see that it was Fernos. He stood at the entrance of the tent and looked grave. He looked as if he did not want me to go, but we both knew that I had to.

"Why?" I asked, sitting up. I furrowed my brows and cocked my head as I stared at him. "Who wants me?"

"Cooper," he replied. "He wants to talk to you about... something."

I took a deep breath and let it out before standing. I knew better than to say no, knowing that he would "ground" me for not following his instructions. "Did he say what?" I asked, and he shook his head, no.

"Unfortunately not," he said. "Come, let's go see what he wants and then get you back in here. I'll see if I can't help you train in your tent."

"But... you can't help me," I said, furrowing my brows. I stood and walked over to the entrance. I wiped my eyes, knowing that I looked like crap. "Or do you mean to make it so that they don't know that... I am, you know."

Fernos nodded his head. He pushed open the tent flap and waited until I was out before he closed it again. He moved a hand through his hair and grimaced. "If I tell you to run, I want you to run," he said, looking at me. "I want you to go back to your tent and stay there until I get you."

I nodded my head, staying silent. I was worried about what was going to happen, but I trusted Fernos. I knew that he was going to protect me, no matter what happened. I just hoped that I would be able to stay alive and fight another day.

***

Cooper was scowling at someone, which was a normal sight. He was looking at an unknown male that was ducking his head down.

Something felt familiar with the male, and I was curious as to what it was. I knew that it wasn't a mate bond, even though I was of age.

Fernos cleared his throat, and Cooper looked at him. He was halfway in front of me, blocking me from Cooper's view. His whole body was tense, and I knew that he wasn't comfortable with being here in front of people that weren't fond of him. "I have brought her as you had asked, Alpha," he said.

"Good, you may leave," Cooper said, and Fernos nodded his head.

I was about to say something but stopped when Fernos gave me a pointed look. I didn't want to be alone with them, not trusting them either.

"Yes, Alpha," Fernos said, nodding his head. He squeezed my shoulder, telling me that he would be nearby before walking out of the tent.

I watched as he left before turning my gaze to the table that had held the late King and Queen of the Witches, the former Kings of the Witches, the late King and Queen of the Werewolves, the former King and Queen of the Werewolves, and the "late" King of the Vampires. "Vulcan," I mouthed in relief, and Vulcan nodded in greeting and smirked.

Cooper cleared his throat, and I pulled my gaze away from him and looked at the male that I wasn't a fan of. He was scowling at me, and I had to look down and not meet his gaze.

"You wanted to see me, Alpha?" I asked.

"Yes," he said. "Look at her." He was talking to the male that was seated in front of him. "You, you look at him."

I did what I was told and looked him in the eyes. I bit back a gasp as I looked at him with wide eyes.

He was one of my Protectors.