Miscommunication

"I'm sorry-" I scratched the back of my neck and turned my head to the side.

Alex grabbed my wrist in what seemed like a weird knee-jerk reaction, and I turned my head back to face him, only to be gifted with a sight that I could only perceive, at the time, as my eyes betraying me. Alex's hand delicately reached around the back of my head and safely perched itself just below my cowlick. Alex's lips were edging closer to mine and his eyes were closed. I had been waiting for this moment for so long and yet, now that it was happening, I didn't believe it.

"Alex, I think I might be misreading the situation," I butted in.

I felt my roommate's hand droop away from my head and watched his eyelashes as his eyes slowly fluttered open. Immediately realising that I had ruined the moment, I did my best to salvage the situation.

"I didn't mean it like that," I sighed and let my shoulders droop, unable to think of the right words.

"No, I'm the one who misread the situation," Alex let his forehead rest in the palm of his hand for a split second before swiftly grabbing his keys, standing up, and leaving the flat.

Then alone, I groaned in annoyance that my own stupid self had to ruin the stupid moment and make Alex feel as though he was the one who messed up, when in reality, he'd been attempting to do something that I had only ever dreamed of him doing.

ShortKingsRepresent: I'm coming over
Also why did you change my name fuck sake
INabbedYourHeart: james did it from my phone
were both over at mine

-

"Slow the fuck down, man," Fraser made wild hand gestures as he attempted to understand me.

"From what I'm gathering, George is a simp for Alex and Alex finally gave in, but then George stopped simping for some reason?" I could not tell if James was joking or not; his posture was proper, but his smile was cheeky.

My head was laying in my hands and I shook them simultaneously before looking up once again.

The three of us sat on the lounge at Fraser's new place as I desperately attempted to explain what happened earlier without going absolutely mental.

"I think Alex may have been going to kiss me, and I thought I was wrong," I explained to Fraser, completely ignoring James, "And then he left and now I don't know where he is and I'm worried."

"Calm down," I could almost feel James rolling his eyes from where he sat on the lounge, "Alex is at Will's. Will messaged me earlier because Alex is just as incoherent as you."

"And you didn't think to tell us earlier?" Fraser looked over my head to address James, an action that was not incredibly difficult.

James just shrugged and took a sip of the wine he'd been slowly chipping away at. I simply felt relieved; I at least knew that Alex was okay.

"It's just a lack of communication, something that this group has always struggled with," Fraser addressed me once again.

I nodded in agreement before pulling out my phone.

ShortBoyMemeBoy: Alex can we talk this out?

SugarBaby: Yes please

//short chapter because life is ewie atm and i have work tomorrow. Essential service gang