Another Chance

More language but if you've read this far you're used to it

My knuckles were aching, and the sound of each slam began to hurt even my own ears. Surely Will would answer the door; he wouldn't want to get a noise complaint.

"Will, let me in!" I called through the door.

I heard slight shuffling followed by a lock turning and Will opening the door.

"Mate please," he lowered his hands to signal that I should calm down.

"Let me talk to him!" I attempted to peak over Will's shoulder.

"Please just, calm down a little," Will said, almost as though it was a warning, before stepping aside and revealing Alex who had been cowering behind him the entire time, "We're all a little hung over as well, so that doesn't help our moods."

Looking back on it, Will was simply attempting to be a mediator. However, at the time, I thought he was just being all high and mighty.

James had given up on following me, as he should have at that time. I was in no headspace to be reasoned with.

I closed the door behind myself and speedwalked my way to Will's living room, him and Alex following being me.

"What have you got to say for yourself?" I asked, as though I was his teacher.

"As if you didn't basically make out with some random dude right in front of me?" Alex retorted and Will took a comical step back.

"Yeah, some random dude," My voice cracked and the fight against not only Alex, but my tears began, "Of course you had to kiss fucking Will! Do you know how long I have been jealous of this man? Do you know how long I've listened to you whimper on about him like I don't even exist? Do you know how long I've kept my fucking mouth shut!?"

"I didn't ever ask you to keep your mouth shut! That was your own shitty decision," Alex and I both made out of control hand gestures as we argued, sometimes pointing at Will, sometimes at ourselves, sometimes simply to the door.

At the end of the day, we were fairly similar people.

"I knew you liked Will! Why the fuck would I jeopardize our friendship like that?" I threw my hands up as if to say 'how dumb can you be'.

Alex scoffed and let out a chuckle, leaving me incredibly confused.

"You think you know fucking everything! But in reality, you're so, completely clueless. And ignorant," Alex folded his arms.

"Fill me in then," I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Do you remember the day I moved in?" Alex closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, seemingly really regretting bringing up what he had.

"Obviously," I shrugged, entirely clueless as to why this was being brought up.

"What did I ask you that night?" Alex looked back to me.

"You asked me out to dinner... And I invited Will," I sighed.

Will clenched his teeth and pulled the neck of his shirt, leading Alex and I to both death stare him until he stepped back into the corner.

"But that was fine," Alex's voice grew softer, "I thought maybe you just didn't understand how I meant it. So, when we were there, I decided to make a move."

Suddenly, the memory of just how much of a douchebag I was to Alex came flooding back to me.

"Shit, Alex I didn't mean to-" I was completely calmed down.

"And you know who was there to comfort me when I found out you were not only straight, but also a little bit homophobic?" Alex gestured to Will, who scratched the back of his head and began to loudly whistle.

I could see tears forming in Alex's eyes, the second time in twenty-four hours that I was the one to make him cry, and mine followed suit.

"Alex, please," I struggled to find the right words, "Let me show you, somehow."

Alex sighed and rolled his eyes, "One chance."

In that moment, all I could think to do was bolt over to him and wrap Alex up in the tightest hug I believe I've ever given.

//Don't give up on this story yet there's definitely more to go :))