Back To You

I was woken to the light clicking of a spoon against a mug and the stickiness of a hot, leather lounge.

"Wakey, wakey, George!" I heard Fraser call tauntingly from the kitchen.

"Can't sleep forever," the sound of James' booming voice coming from an armchair across the room from my current 'bed' had acted as an alarm clock for the past few days, "Can't stay here forever, either. Why haven't you just talked to Alex?"

"He can stay as long as he wants," Fraser walked in holding two mugs, handing one to me and keeping one for himself.

James rolled his eyes and Fraser took notice.

"I do, however, think that you need to talk to Alex. It's been three days," Fraser sat at the end of my lounge/bed and looked down on me as though he were my mother, "He's really worried. And he wasn't trying to hurt you. You both know you're very argumentative people. So you need to sit down and have an honest conversation."

I opened my mouth to justify myself, but closed it just the same. Fraser was right, and there was no argument for that. So, as usual, I defaulted to defense.

"I just need time, okay? Alex wronged me," I sat up and began to slowly sip on my tea.

"How about this, then?" James decided to take action, "Let's go out to a club tonight. You try flirting with someone. If it doesn't go well, you have to talk to Alex."

"Fine," I sighed.

And so, that night, I left the house, wearing one of James' hoodies that was incredibly oversized on me, and Fraser's jeans. Beat wearing my three day old clothes, though.

Once inside, my mates began to help me scope out any gay men in the club. That wasn't particularly necessary, however, as a tall, lanky man wearing a navy blue button up sloppily traipsed his way over to us.

"Beautiful eyes," he smiled at me and Fraser and James took it as their cue to leave.

The man was clearly drunk, a detail which made me increasingly uncomfortable.

"Can I buy you a drink?" he leant down to look me in the eyes and I simply nodded.

"Shy?" he placed a cold hand on my cheek and I instinctively slapped it off, leaving the man completely dumbfounded.

"What happened?" He slurred slightly, and in that moment, the only thing in the entire world that I wanted was to cradle Alex in my arms.

I immediately swiveled around and began to run out of the club, taking my phone out of my pocket as I did so.

I stood outside of the club, clicking on Alex's contact without giving it a second thought. The phone rang for barely a second before it was picked up and I heard Alex's voice from the other end.

"George?" He sounded relieved, and confused, but over all, excited.

Every moment I had spent with Alex up until then began to race through my mind. And I began to blurt out every thought that came with that.

"What happened with Will was in the past. It was before we were together. And Will is my mate. We need to be there for him through whatever ends up happening with him and Mia. And I believe you, and I trust you. Obviously we need to have a conversation about this, but I want to come home," I may as well have said it all in one breath.

I was so excited, and thinking so many thoughts, it all just seemed to flow out.

"Where are you?" Alex asked, and I could almost hear his bright smile.

"I'm at a club with Fraser and James right now. Long story... I'm coming home now. Please wait up for me?" I explained as I began to walk - no, run - to the nearest station.

"I would love nothing more."

//second last chapter, can I get an uwu in chat