Chapter 4

Colby's POV:

I pull my hand back after I saw Vera wince when I touched her face.

"Colby, your hand, are you okay?" Sam said looking at Colby's hand which was now covered in blood.

"It's not my hand that's bleeding..." I looked at Vera who had a look of pain on her face, and I realized it was coming from her ear...

"That scream, it... it popped your ear drum..." I wanted to help her and ease the pain but right now, there was nothing I could do to make this better, "We have to go to the hospital, Sam get Corey and Jake back in here, Claire could you grab Vera's stuff..."

Vera's POV:

I couldn't hear much, after the scream there was a loud ring in my ears, but it eased up just enough for me to hear Colby mentioning a hospital.

"No!" I yelled, "We have to go to the receptionist, they can determine where that call came from, if it was a prank call, I swear I'll sue them, but if it was something else... then..."

Colby interrupted me, "Then we can figure it out later, but right now, you need a hospital."

I looked at Colby and I could see the concern in his eyes, I took his hand in mine and spoke as gently as possible, "Colby all you ever wanted to do was prove that there is something more, something that we don't have the right mind to grasp, now is your chance to catch something real..." for a moment there it was as if it was only me and Colby in the room, but the moment was lost as soon as Sam entered with Jake and Corey.

"We have to go down to the lobby right now." I say while standing up, I went into the bathroom and took a tissue to stop the bleeding. "I'll explain on the way down." I said to Sam, Corey and Jake while walking out the room.

I ran down to the front desk as soon as the elevator door opened.

"Hi how can I help you?" a friendly receptionist asked

"Hi the phones in the rooms, are they connected to any outside communications or can the calls only be made between rooms and here?" I asked

"Only people on the ship can communicate via telephone." the receptionist hesitated when he saw blood on my face, "Ma'am is everything alright?" he asked concerned. I look at the group behind me then back...

"Yes, but we received a disturbing call and we were wondering if you could tell us where it came from, is it possible to track were the call came from?"

"Of course, could I possibly have your room key?"

"Sure." I reached into my pocket and handed it to him, he pressed a few keys on the keyboard when finally he could answer us.

"Seems like the call was made from inside room B666."

Colby's POV:

I froze dead in my tracks, I turned to Sam, Jake and Corey who had the same facial expression...

"What are you guys waiting for? Let's go find out who is staying there." Claire said

"That's uhm no need." I said looking at Vera

"Wait what, why? Do you know who's stanying there?" the girls asked confused

Sam looked at me, "That's our room..." Sam said

"Do have like a camera man or something who is in there, is he pranking us or something?" I could see the distress in everyone's eyes.

"We came alone..." Jake replied, "It's just the four of us."

"We still have to see whats up, it came from your guy's room, there has to be someone or something..."

_______________________________________________________

Author's note:

Hey guys, so please let me know if you enjoy the book and comment what you think/ hope will happen next, if you mention a idea that I like, I might use it and give you credit!

Also remember to vote❤️