Chapter 23

Colby's POV:

Immediately Sam and I ran back to the place where we parted with Vera,

"Vera!" we yelled but no reply.

"This is all my fault! I shouldn't have let her go alone." Sam looked over at me and splaced his hand on my shoulder

"It's not your fault Colby, you wouldn't have convinced her to go with one of us, it was her choice." I appreciated that Sam wanted to comfort me but at that moment all I could think about was Vera.

"Come on, lets keep moving." Sam said as he started walking

Vera's POV:

"Vera, I got worried, did you find anything?" Colby asked over the phone, you could hear the relief in his voice.

"Yeah" I replied when suddenly this force hit both me Claire and we fell back. I tried to get up as quick as possible, but I was shoved backwards which caused me to tumble over the barrier of the walkway. I fell almost 10 feet before hitting the ground and the last thing I heard was Claire's scream.

Waking up I found myself in a puddle of water. I turned over and sat up, staring at my reflection I realized I wasn't at the Queen Mary anymore. I was in a room, atleast I think it was a room, it was pitch black around me, yet I was illuminated.

I picked myself off the ground a started walking, unaware of my location I was set on finding a way out.

I kept on walking but nothing changed.

"Vera." I heard a familiar voice say, one I couldn't identify

"Vera, you need to listen to me." I looked around me trying to determine who it was when suddenly this foggy figure came at me. I tried to dodge it, but it went right through me. It felt asif my lunges were collapsing as I tried to catch my breath. Another misty figure embraced me and my legs caved in. I fell to the ground with only my arms keeping my body up.

"Vera! Don't fight it!" The same voice yelled, but the voice sounded blurry as the pain shocked through my body.

Figure after figure entered me and the pain worsend to the point where I was starting to loose sight.

My arms gave in and my face hit the damp floor, barely conscious now I watched as another figure approached me, but this figure was different. It moved more naturally and with a sense of purity. As I tried to focus on the figure it spoke to me,"Embrace it, it's part of who you are."

I looked up and realized who this was, the voice, the face, it seemed all to familiar now, "Bl...Blake?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

She lifted her hand and stroked the side of my face, a tear left my eye and she quickly wiped it away. "You are the Beacon that holds the key to the afterlife, so embrace it!"

And with that I let go, i felt my body lift off the ground and a sense of relief came over me. I looked down and saw Blake becoming but a shadow, "No!" I yelled reaching for her, trying to get back to her,"Not yet! Please! I can't loose you again!"

I felt hands tightening around my body as I struggled to get out,"No!" I pleaded but the grip grew tighter.

______________________________________

A/N: Hey guys, I'm so glad you're enjoying this book, thank you so much for 9,4k reads and 260 votes. This honestly means so much to me.

This book is almost coming to a end so make sure to let me know by voting if you'd want a second book x ily ❤