Chapter 18

Colby's POV:

I sat down on the bed and placed my hands over my head. I couldn't explain how I was feeling, all I knew was that I wanted to stay. Not to get good content or a new youtube video, I wanted to stay for her...

While my thoughts were all over the place I had this feeling that someone was watching me, I looked up and saw Vera standing at the door.

"Hey..." she spoke softly

I just gave her a faint smile, not knowing what to say.

"T... Thank you..." She said, confused I looked at her,

"For what?"

"Everything..." She walked over and sat on the bed across from me, "Not just for trying to protect me, but for being there for me, I know we've only known each other like what two days, but you looked out for me, and for that I'm really greatful..."

I tried not to smile, but she made it very difficult, "You are so different, and you care, and I get that you don't want to be the cause of one us getting hurt..."

"I ALREADY WAS COLBY!?" She interrupted me and spoke loudly, "Look at you leg! And Corey most probably has a concussion and... and I'm pretty sure I mentally scared you guys! I can't hurt you guys anymore!" I looked aat her confused on why she was so worked up about this.

The tension rose and the conversation got heated, "Can't you see Vera! I'm trying to help you! We all are okay, paranormal is our life okay! This is things we've been dreaming of experiencing!" I yelled

"No Colby I can't risk it! YOU GUYS ARE LEAVING OKAY, THAT'S FINAL!" I could see slight tears forming in her eyes, "I don't know what I'd do if any of you got hurt!" she yelled

"Why!?" I raised my voice again

Vera's POV:

The Colby seemed really upset and it made me more upset and I just, I didn't know what to say, and in the heat of the moment I spoke to soon, "Because, because I like you!"

I stopped in my tracks and realized what I'd just said, "I don't want to hurt you again, I would never be able to forgive myself Colby..."

He slowly lifted his hands and cupped my face, "Vera, if I get hurt, the it's on me, I'm the one who chose to stay, If Sam and the guys want to leave, they can, but me, I'm not going anywhere."

I could feel a smile creeping on my face when he said that, I felt comforted and wanted, two things that I haven't felt in a long time, the space between us was getting smaller by the second, I could feel his breath against my lips and then...

"GUYS SHE'S GONE!!" Jake yelled when he ran into the room

Confused me and Colby said in union, "Who!?"

"Claire..."