Chapter 20

Vera's POV:

I looked over at Colby hoping that he had a plan, but just like the rest of us he was speechless, Sam motioned for me to walk over to Claire who is still on the edge of the deck. "Do you think she wants to jump?" I heard Corey whisper to Jake following with a loud shhhhh from Sam.

I slowly started to walk up to her when suddenly my head started to ache, at first I thought it was just a normal headache but the closer I got to Claire the worse it got. I was standing a few feet from her when my body collapsed as this awful headache came over me, everything went dark. I heard Colby and Sam's voices but it slowly faded into the distance.

"Boiler room."

Colby's POV:

We watched Vera slowly approach Claire who was standing on the edge of the deck, she stopped in her tracks and shut her eyes asif she was in pain, I took a few steps forward, but then she continued walking, I looked over at Sam and he had a worried look on his face and I'm pretty sure I did to...

That's when Vera collapsed and my heart sunk to my feet, I ran as fast as my legs could carry me and knelt down next to her.

"Vera!!" I yelled and I saw the guys rushing over

"Vera, can you hear us?" Sam yelled, I didn't know what to do, my heart stared racing and all I could think about was Vera. I wanted to see if she was breathing so I brought my ear up to her mouth and that's when she suddenly jumped up to her feet.

"Vera!? Are you okay!?" We all looked at her concerned.

She slowly got up and looked at Claire behind her, she then wiped the rain droplets off her face and indicated we should run, at first we all were really confused, that's when she mouthed the words 'That's not Claire' to us.

"Fuck!" I heard Corey yell and we all just ran towards the elevator, I grabbed Vera's hand to make sure she stays near me and that she was okay. We made our way onto the elevator and Sam repeatedly pressed the close button,

"This is going to sound crazy, but Claire is in the Boiler Room..." Vera said

"How do you know that, and who the hell was that up on the deck." Jake asked

"Both of those are very valid questions that I don't have the answers to, but you have to trust me on this one, okay?" Vera looked at each of us as we shook our heads in union.

This elevator didn't go to the Boiler Room directly so we had to get off a few floors and sneek around, luckily we had zero encounters with staff members or security. I opened the door that led us into Boiler room, it was pitch black and dead silent, all we could hear was that waves crashing against the boat.

"We need lookouts," Sam said,

"I have to go cause Claire is my friend," Vera replied

"And I have to go cause Vera is my..." I stopped before I could say anything else, everybody looked at me with expectation, "she's my...uhh...I promise I'd help her so, yeah got to go to..." I looked over at Vera and I could see her grin.

"Corey, Jake, you guys good with staying here and being the lookouts?" Sam asked quietly

"Awh being the lookouts sucks, why do you get to have all the fun," Jake and Corey whinned

"This is not fun it's serious! and let's not forget who the real ghost hunters are." I said and grinned widely

"Fineee," Jake said and rolled his eyes.

"Here," Sam gave Jake and Corey a Camera and flashlight that he took out of his backpack, he handed Vera the second flashlight and gave me the other camera,

"Let's go find Claire."

____________________________________________________
A/N: Hey guys, please make sure to vote for the book in order to let me know you enjoy it, it only takes a second of your time and I'd really appreciate it ❤️