~Chapter 2, Beach day~

The sun rose bright and early as always, and began to peek through your hotel window.
Opening your eyes, you squinted and blocked the incoming sunshine with your forearm.
I must've left the curtains open last night...

Tired, you flipped around, enjoying the cool opposite side of the bed that was comforting as the warm sunlight hit your back. You closed your eyes again, only to be left with the disappointment of hearing your and shuichi phones begin to buzz.

You groaned, rolling on your back while rubbing your eyes before going to shut off the alarm. In the corner of your eye, you noticed shuichi. Sat up in his bed, his navy hair disheveled and messy. You noticed his sleepy but twinkling eyes and his large shirt that showed off part of his collarbone, as it was big after all. You woke up surprisingly fast after seeing him, your heart fluttering while a light pink tint washed over your face.

"ah, good morning y/n."
"good morning!" you said with a smile.

It hit you then what you would be doing today. You then turned over, allowing your feet to touch the hotel carpet below you.
"Aren't you excited shuichi?"
"well sure, i haven't been to the beach in a long time." he said with a smile. a smile you always thought was brighter then the sun, even on this beach.

You excitingly walked over to your suitcase to pull out your bathing suit. A f/c bikini top, resembling a sports bra with small ruffles on the bottom of it, as well as matching bottoms with 2 ties on the sides. By this time, shuichi was up out of bed and digging through his own bag.

Before you could walk to the bathroom, you heard a knock on the door. You looked over at shuichi, slightly confused before going to open it.
it was rantaro, your classmate who was also attending the trip.
"hey guys, I just was letting everyone know we are meeting at the beach at 9:30." he said, smiling.
"oh, okay, thanks!" you replied before closing the door.
"9:30?" shuichi asked. you nodded before turning to the bathroom door. "I'm going to get changed real quick, be right back."
"okay, it's 9 already so i'll just change out here," shuichi said, drawing the curtains closed. "let me know when you're coming out then, i don't want to be late to meet everyone"
"ah, okay". you replied.
You walked in and shut the door, excited as ever to meet everyone at the beach, and have fun with shuichi. you liked him a lot, after all, why wouldn't you want to spend a day at the beach with him?
You put on your swimsuit and put your hair into a ponytail. you then put on some sunscreen before checking with shuichi that he was done changing.
"yeah, you can come out." he said.
You walked out to see shuichi, in black and dark grey striped swimming trunks with a white zip up sleeveless hoodie on top.
"i-i didn't want to walk down in just my bathing suit." he said, slightly flustered from seeing you in your swimsuit.
"it's fine!"
You didn't want to be late, so you quickly packed some stuff in a small tote bag you brought and you and shuichi left the hotel room.

- time skip to the beach!! -

As you both approached the beach, you saw a group of your classmates all chattering in their various swimwear, some putting on sunscreen and excited to get in the water. Soon, you were on the beach. Feet sinking in the soft, tan sand, and walking closer and feeling the nice cool waves lightly crash against your feet and ankles. you closed your eyes and took in a deep breath of the fresh ocean air.
"y/n!"
you turned around to see your navy haired friend waving at you, signaling you to come to him. You jogged up, and you two set up a towel on the sand.
"Are you going to swim shuichi?" you asked as you both sat down on the towel, the warm rays of sunlight hitting both of you.
"um, i don't know if i want to take of the hoodie." he reluctantly replied.
"okay, but it's fine, you don't need to be afraid to, it's just your classmates."
He nodded. "maybe i will later. you can have fun."
you looked at him, surprised at this.
"well i don't want to go off without you! we can have fun up here until you feel comfortable enough to swim. okay?" you said, pulling out a deflated beach ball from your tote bag.
"i brought some inflatable stuff for us and everyone from home, we can inflate them!"
Shuichi smiled at the offer and blew up the beach ball for you. You waved at the rest of your classmates and you all had a great time. Playing beach volleyball, passing it to each other, falling down in the sand and laughing and chattering. It had barely been 2 hours and you were already having the time of your life. And every time you looked at shuichi, you always saw the biggest smile. It made your day even better.

___________
AAAAA!!
i hope this part was good!! the day isn't over though, it will be continued in the next part!
maybe shuichi will go swimming uwu
anyway, i hope you enjoyed! part three coming soon.

- 912 words

-berry