Chapter 2

Hi guys! I wanted you to listen to this song by Trevor Moran called Xiat! I love O2l(I still consider Connor Franta is part of it even thought he left) , Pewdiepie, and Troye Sivan. Who's you favorite YouTube person or group?

------------------------------Steve's POV-----------------------------------

We left the boat saving all the passengers aboard. As soon as we got back to D.C. I went to see Fury. As I walked in to the triskelion and Fury's office. "You just can't stop yourself from lying , can you?" He look out the window and said "I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours." I walk towards him "Which you didn't feel obliged to share."

He stared out to the window again and said "I'm not obliged to do anything." I looked at him and said "Those hostages could of died Nick."

"I sent the greatest soldier in history to make sure that didn't happen." He said and turned to me.

"Soldiers trust each other. That's what makes it an army. Not a bunch a of guys running around shooting guns."

"Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye. Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff is comfortable with everything."

"I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their own."

"It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets cause nobody knows them all."

"Except you."

"Your wrong about me. I do share I'm nice like that."

We walked to the elevator and got in. "Insight Bay." Nick said to the voice command. "Captain Rogers does not have clearance for project Insight."

"Director override Fury, Nicholas J."

"Confirmed."

As we rode down the elevator I asked "You know, they used to play music." He responded "Yeah. My grandfather operated one of these for 40 years. Granddad worked in a nice building. Got good tips. He walked home every night, a roll of one stuffed in his lunch bag. He'd say hi. People would say hi back. Time went on, neighborhood got rougher. He'd say hi they'd say keep on stepping. Granddad got a grip of that lunch bag a little bit tighter."

"Did he ever get mugged?"

He laughed "Every week some punk would say what's in the bag?"

"What would he do?"

"He'd show them. A bunch of crumpled ones and a loaded .22 magnum. Grandad loved people. But he didn't trust them very much."

When I turned around to see what he was staring at I was amazed. Three helicarriers all prepared with weapons. Once we got off the elevator Nick said "This is project insight. Three next generation hellicarriers synched to a network of targeting satellites."

I responded "Launched from the Lemurian Star."

As we walk towards it he responded "Once we send them in the air they never need to come down.These long range precision guns can eliminate 1,000 hostiles a minute. The satellites can read a terrorist's DNA before he steps outside of his spider hole. We're gonna neutralize a lot of threats before the even happen."

"I thought the punishment usually came after the crime." I responded to him.

"We can't afford to wait that long."

"Who's we?"

"After New York, I convinced the World Security Council we need a quantum surge in threat analysis. For once we way a head of the curve."

"By holding a gun to everyone on Earth and calling it protection."

"You know, I read those SSR files. Greatest Generation? You guys did some nasty stuff."

"Yeah, we compromised. Sometimes in ways that made us not sleep so we'll. But we did it so that people could be free. This isn't freedom. This is fear."

"S.H.I.E.L.D takes the world as it is, not as we'd like it to be. And it's getting damn near past time for you to get with that program, Cap."

"Don't hold your breath." I left him speechless and rode my motorcycle to the Smithsonian. When I walked into the Smithsonian I saw a kid in awe. I put a finger to my mouth shushing him and he nodded. I just laughed and I thought that was funny. I walked over to Bucky's exhibit in the museum.

It talked about what we went through over time. I missed him so much it was hard without him but I had Natasha and that was enough. I had all ways wondered if her and Clint were dating. I didn't want to push the topic on her. She was beautiful maybe even more than Peggy.

There also was video in the museum where Peggy spoke about me. "That was a difficult winter. A blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line. Steve, Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pinned our allies down for months. He saved over a 1,000 men. Including the man who would...Who would become my husband as it turned out. Even after he died, Steve was still changing my life."

After I left the Smithsonian I decided to make a trip to visit Peggy. Once I got to her house I sat next to her. "You should proud of yourself ,Peggy."

She looked over to a picture of her kids and said "I have lived a life. My only regret is that you didn't get to live yours."

I looked down and she asked me "What is it?"

I looked down again "For as long as I can remember, I just wanted to do what was right. I guess I'm not quite sure what that is anymore. And I thought I could throw myself back in and follow orders. Serve. It's just not the same."

As I smiled at her she laughed and said "You're always so dramatic. Look you saved the world. We rather mucked it up."

"You didn't. Knowing that you helped found S.H.I.E.L.D is half the reason I stay." I responded to her.

She held my hand and said "Hey. The world has changed, and none of us can go back. All we can do is our best. And sometimes the best that we can do is to start over."

She started coughing after she said that. I got her a drink. After I did she just starred at me and asked "Steve. Your alive. You came back. It's been so long. So long." She started cry. She had condition were she would forget things a lot quicker.

"Well, I couldn't leave my best girl. Not when she owes me a dance." I responded to her.

I didn't know if I still had feelings for Peggy. Even though she had grown old she was my she was best girl and I couldn't leave her. But something about Natasha just drew me to her. She was beautiful and everything she had Peggy had. I had realized I had to let Peggy go and realize what I had right by my side the whole time. And that was Natasha.