Chapter 6

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating! Other than that thanks for reading!
-------------------Natasha's POV-------------------
As soon as he saw me he pushed me in to a room against a wall. Why was he mad? All I wanted was for the damn hard drive to be safe!

"Where is it?" He asked.

"Safe." I responded.

"Do better!" He said.

"Where did you get it?"

"Fury gave it to you. Why?"

"What's on it?"

"I don't know." I responded truthfully because I honestly had no idea.

"Stop lying." He got into face and pushed me again.

"I only act like I know everything, Rogers."

"I bet you knew Fury hired the Pirates, didn't you."

"Well, it make sense. The ship was dirty fury needed away in, so do you." He pushed me against the wall again. "I'm not gonna ask you again." Alright I was done with him this time I had to tell him.

I paused before starting my sentence. "I know who killed Fury. Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. The ones who do call him the Winter Soldier. He's been credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years."

"So he's a ghost story." he said rather quickly.

"Five years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran. Somebody shot out my tires near Odessa. We went out of control, went straight over a cliff. I pulled us out. But the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer so he shot him straight through me." I pulled my shirt to show him my wound. After showing him I continued telling him my story. "Soviet slug. No rifling. Bye-bye, bikins."

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now." He said.

"Going after him is a dead end. I know, I've tried. Like you said, he's a ghost story." I told him this while holding the hard drive in the air. He took it out of my hands saying "Well, let's find out what the ghost wants." We left the hospital going to a mall in our disguises.

As we were walking I had to tell him the rules of going on the run. "First rule of going on the run is don't run, walk."

"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off." he said. We made our way up to the Apple store in the mall where I could see if the files could be opened. As I logged on I warned Steve what would happen when I opened the drive. "The drive has a level six homing program, so as soon as we boot up S.H.I.E.L.D will know where we are."

"How much time will we have?" He asked me.

"About nine minutes from now." I put in the drive trying see what information is on the drive. "Fury was right about that ship. Somebody's trying to hide something. The drive is protected by some sort of AI (or Artificial Intelligence). It keeps rewriting its self to counter my commands."

"Can you override it?" He asked.

"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me. Slightly." I said. I continued by saying "I'm gonna try running a tracer. This is a S.H.I.E.L.D program used for tracking hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, we can see where it came from." An Apple employee came up to us seeing if we need help.

"Can I help you guys with anything?" He asked.

I put up my best fake girly voice and said "No. My fiancé was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations." I leaned on him and smiled at the employee. I just went back to work fining the location. It was Steve's job to distract the guy now. "Right we getting married." He told the guy.

"Congratulations. Where are you guys going?" The employee asked. Steve looked at the laptop to see the location and quickly said "New Jersey." All the employee said was oh and turned to Steve like he knew his identity. "I have he exact same glasses." He excitedly said. God this guys was annoying he needed to leave. "Wow, you guys are practically twins." I said sarcastically.

"Yeah, I wish. Specimen. Uhh...If you guys need anything. I've been Aaron." Steve thanked him we went back to work with find the location. "You said nine minutes, come on."

"Shh, relax. Got it." I got the location and pulled it up it was Wheaton, New Jersey. "You know it?" I asked him. "I used to. Lets go." He pulled out the drive out of the computer. We walk out seeing some people walking towards us. Probably Rumlow team trying to find us. "Standard tac-team. Two behind two across Two headed straight at us."

"Shut up and put your arm around me, laugh at something." I said hoping he'd catch on to my plan. "What?" He asked. "Do it!" As they came towards us he put his arm around me and laughed. We came to the escalator and as it started to go down I spotted Rumlow. Shoot what do I do? I had a plan that might work. Might. "Kiss me." I said to Steve. "What?" He looked very surprised. It was kinda funny. "Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable." I told him. "Yes they do." he said.

He wouldn't do it so pulled down his head and kissed him. My stomach was doing backflips. It felt like all my nerves were alive. I pulled away and made my way down the escalator. "You still uncomfortable?" I asked him. "That's not exactly the word I would use." He said. I would skip around right now but I'm 30 something years old.