Chapter 7

Hi guys! The video is Chris Evans, Chris Pratt, and Jimmy Fallon photo bombing people after the super bowl! Thanks for reading! (Patriots are awesome)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We stole a blue Chevy pick up truck and made our way to Wheaton, New Jersey. "Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" I asked him. "Nazi Germany. And were borrowing, take your feet of the dash." He told me as I took them off . "Alright, I have a question for you, of which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?" I told him.

"What?"he asked annoyed. "Was that your first kiss since 1945?" I asked him. "That bad huh?" He asked. "I didn't say that." I said. It definitely was bad it was amazing! "Well, it kinda sounds like you saying it." He said. "No, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you had." I told him. Why did he not get that it wasn't bad?! "I don't need practice." he said. I smell bullshit coming from him. "Everyone needs practice" I stated and it was true.

"It wasn't my first kiss since 1945. I'm 95, I'm not dead."

"Nobody special though?" I asked him as he chuckled. "Believe it or not it's kind of hard to find someone with shared like experience."

"Well, that's alright, you just make something up." I said "What, like you?" Steve asked. Stev didn't know what I've been through selling your self to get information and having the only man you love taken away. He knew nothing about that. "I don't know. The truth is a matter of circumstances, it's not all things to all people all the time. And neither am I."

"That's a tough way to live." He said. "It's a good way not to die, though." I said.

"You know, it's kind of hard to trust someone when you don't know who that someone really is."

"Yeah. Who do you want me to be?"

"How about a friend?"

"Well, there's a chance you might be in the wrong business, Rogers." I chuckled softly. The rest of ride was silent and comfortable. We got out of the car to the base where the signal came from. Steve looked like everything was surreal to him. "This is it?" He asked. "The file came from these coordinates." I told him. I wouldn't lie about the location. I wanted to know what was on the damn file too. "So did I." He said. So this was the camp he was trained. He had told me about it but never got into detail because of memories of Peggy Carter.

We walked around the base trying to pinpoint where the signal was from but found nothing.

"This camp is where I was trained." He said walking to the flagpole. "Change much?"

"A little." He said zoning out. I left and looked around the camp nothing was there so I returned to Steve. "This is a dead end. Zero heat signature, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off." I told him. He just stared at the building ahead like something wasn't right. "What is it?" I asked him. We walked over to the building and Steve pulled out his shield. "Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards from the barracks. This building is in the wrong place." He hit the lock making it brake and we walked down the steps to the underground bunker. As we turned on the lights there I saw it was S.H.I.E.L.D office. "This is SHIELD." I told him. "Maybe where it started." He said

We entered a room were it had portraits of people. I knew off the bat Howard Stark.

"There's Stark's father." I stated. "Howard."

"Who's the girl?" I asked him. He just turned and walked away. With the way he just acted it was obviously Peggy Carter. Talking to him about Peggy was a touchy subject. It was like walking on pins and needles. He stopped at book shelf eyeing peculiarly. "If your already working in a secret office..." He stopped to push the book shelfs open which opened to an elevator. "Why do you need to hide the elevator?"

We got up to the elevator that needed a code to use it. I took out the phone and scanned it trying to access the code. A few seconds later the code 8539 popped up and I typed it into the elevator keypad. As the elevator doors opened the room ahead had very old computers.

"This can't be the data-point, this technology is ancient." As I looked around the room I noticed a hard drive port so I put the drive into the port. The whole room activated and the machines started to fire up. "Initiate system?" The computer asked. I got up to the keyboard. "Y-E-S, spells yes." As the computer started to heat up I smiled. The computer heat up and it reminded me of the computer in War Games. "Shall we play a game? It's from a movie that..." He cut me of before I could finish my sentence. "Yeah, I saw it." After he stopped talking a voice started to talk from the computer. "Rogers, Steven. Born, 1918. Romanoff, Natalia Alianovna. Born, 1984." The camera started to move around and the screen showed a man "It's some kind of a recording." I told Steve. "I am not a recording, Fräulein. I may not be the man I was when the Captain took me prisoner in 1945, but I am." The man in the screen was probably a natzi scientist from the war. "Do you know this thing?" I asked Steve again. "Arnim Zola was a German scientist who worked for the Red Skull. He's been dead for years." Steve walked around the room and stopped while I listen to Zola rambled on.

"First correction, I am Swiss. Second, look around you. I have never been more alive.
In 1972 I received a terminal diagnosis. Science could not save my body, my mind, however, that was worth saving on two hundred thousand feet of data banks. You are standing in my brain." Arnim said. He voice sent chills down my spine. "How did you get here?" Steve asked. "Invited." Zola's sarcastic comments weren't necessary. "It was Operation Paperclip after World War II. SHIELD recruited German scientists with strategic values." Steve had popped up next to me while I was talking.

"They thought I could help their cause. I also helped my own." Zola said.

"HYDRA died with the Red Skull." Steve said. He was wrong just because Schmidt the red skull died doesn't mean HYDRA wouldn't stop for world domination.
"Cut off one head, two more shall take its place."
"Prove it." Steve demanded Zola.

"Accessing archive." The computer screen started to play footage of Red Skull and the original founders of SHIELD. "HYDRA was founded on the belief that humanity could not be trusted with its own freedom. What we did not realize, was that if you try to take that freedom, they resist. The war taught us much. Humanity needed to surrender its freedom willingly. After the war, SHIELD was founded and I was recruited. The new HYDRA grew. A beautiful parasite inside SHIELD. For seventy years HYDRA has been secretly feeding crisis, reaping war. And when history did not cooperate, history was changed."

"That's impossible, SHIELD would have stopped you." I told Zola.

"Accidents will happen." Then the screen showed Howard and Maria Stark in a car accident. In the corner the Winter Soldier was there meaning HYDRA killed them. Next it showed Nick Fury's picture with a deceased across it.

"HYDRA created a world so chaotic that humanity is finally ready to sacrifice its freedom to gain its security. Once the purification process is complete, HYDRA's new world order will arise. We won, Captain. Your death amounts to the same as your Life; a zero sum." Steve was angered by this obviously and punched the computer screen.

"As I was saying..." Zola popped up in the other computer screen.

"What's on this drive?" Steve angrily questioned Zola.

"Project Insight requires insight. So I wrote an algorithm."

"What kind of algorithm? What does it do?" I questioned Zola.

"The answer to your question is fascinating. Unfortunately, you shall be too dead to hear it." Zola said. Suddenly the doors stared to close and Steve threw his shield but the doors were already closed.

I pulled out my phone to see a bomb coming to are location. "Steve, I got a bogey. Short-range ballistic. Thirty seconds, tops."
"Who fired it?" He asked.

"SHIELD."

"I am afraid I have been stalling, Captain." Zola said. I ran over to the port and pulled out the drive and ran back to Steve. " Admit it, it's better this way. We're both of us...out of time." He finished. Steve noticed the opening in the ground and threw the door aside. I jumped down as the building exploded and Steve shielded me from the explosion. As the building was crumbling apart I felt light headed and lost consciousness.