Chapter 5

Hi Guys! I put this video in here because when I was making ornaments and I was banging the ornament to the table. I shattered it and I screamed really loud😂 And also Merry Christmas!🎄
------------------------------Steve's POV--------------------------------------

I had to meet Alexander Pierce for some reason. He was pressing the topic about Fury's death. As I walked down the hallway to his office I saw my neighbor Kate or as I found out it was Sharon. She had lied about herself saying she was a nurse than a S.H.I.E.L.D agent. When she saw me she walked down the hall saying "Captain Rogers."

"Neighbor" I responded back to her annoyed. I still hadn't know why Natasha left me. What did I do? For some reason when she got angry it was cute. I had to stop thinking of her. There was a task at hand. I walked up to him and shook his hand.

"Captain, I'm Alexander Pierce." He said.

"Sir, it's an honor." I responded to him.

"The honors mine, Captain. My father served in the 101st. Come in" We walked in to his office and when I sat down he handed me a photo.

The photo was of Fury and Alexander Pierce. "That photo was taken five years after Nick and I met, when I was at State Department in Bogota. E.L.N rebels took the embassy, and security got me out, but the rebels took hostages. Nick was Deputy Chief of S.H.I.E.L.D station there, and comes to me with a plan. He wants to storm the building through the sewers. I said no we'll negotiate. Turned out , the E.L.N. didn't negotiate, and put out a kill order. They storm the basement, and do they find? They find it empty. Nick had ignored my direct order and carried out an unauthorized military operation on foreign soil. He saved the lives of a dozen political officers, including my daughter." He said.

"So you gave him a promotion." I responded.

"I've never had any cause to regret it. Captain, why was nick in your apartment last night?"

"I don't know."

"You know it was bugged."

"I did because nick told me."

"Did he tell you he was the one who bugged it." It made sense that Fury had bugged it. With what was going on everything was confusing. "I want to show you something." He turned on the tv showing Batroc in a room with agents asking him questions. "Is that live?" I asked him.

"Yeah, they picked him up in a not so safe house in Algiers." he responded.

"Are you saying a suspect? Assassination isn't in Bratoc's line."

"No, it's more complicated than that. Batroc was hired anonymously to attack the Lemurain Star and he contacted by email and paid through wire transfer. And then the money was run through seventeen fictitious accounts, the last one going to holding company that was registered to a Jacob Veech."

"Am I supposed to know who that is?"

"Not likely Veech died six years ago. His last address was 14-35 elmhurst drive. When I first met nick his mother lived at 14-37."

"Are you saying Fury hired the pirates? Why?"

"Well the prevailing theory's as that the hijacking was a cover for the acquisition and sale of classified intelligence. The sale led sour and that led to nick's death."

"If you really knew Nick Fury you know that's know true."

"Why do think we're talking. See I took a seat in the council not because I wanted to because Nick asked me to, because we were both realists. We knew that all the diplomacy and hand shaking and that to build a really better world it sometimes means having to tear the old ones down. And that make enemies. Those people that call you dirty because you have the guts to stick you hands in the mud and try to build something better. And the idea that people could be happy today, makes me really, really angry." He said before stopping and continued ranting.

"Captain, you were the last one to see Nick alive. I don't think that's an accident and I don't think you do either. So I'm gonna ask again, why was he there?"

"He told me not to trust anyone."

"I wonder if that included him."

"I'm sorry those were his last words." I got up and put my shield on my back. "Captain." I turned back to him. "Somebody murdered my friend and I'm gonna find out why. Anyone gets in my way, they're gonna regret it. Anyone."

"Understood." I left him and went to the elevator "Operation controls." I said.
The command center said "Confirmed." As they elevator was about to close Rumlow and the other STRIKE agents came in. "Forensics." he asked before the elevator closed.

"Evidence response found some fibers on the roof they want us to see. You want to get the tac team ready?"

"No let's wait and see what it is first." I responded to him.

"Right."

For some reason every couple of levels the elevator would stop and soon the whole elevator was filled agents and businessmen. I knew they were going to ambush me. I don't know why though. "Before we get started does anyone want to get out?" After I said that the whole elevator was silent.

The guy in front of me pulled out an electric rod. I dodged it and knocked him out everyone was trying to kill me. The guys in front of me had magnetic cuffs and we're trying to strap it to my wrist. While pulling it off I managed to knock some guys out. I felt a shock through my body and it hurt like hell. I got up knocked him out and soon enough the whole elevator of people were unconscious. Rumlow was the only one left.

"Woah big guy. I just want you to know Cap this isn't personal." he screamed and lunged at me with the electric rod. I grabbed him and threw him up at the ceiling. He fell to the ground unconscious. "It kinda feels personal." I said. I pressed the emergency stop off but found a whole team out side of the elevator. "Drop the shield! Put your hands in the air!" I slung around cutting the cord that held the elevator up.

I stopped and forced the doors open seeing more STRIKE agents coming. I quickly closed it before they came. "Give it up Rogers! Get that door open! You have now where to go!" I looked out the window and backed up to jump out. I jumped landing in the atrium. I got up moaning in pain. I ran to the garage and got on my motorcycle. As I was leaving a jet was on the bridge ahead of me. "Stand down Captain Rogers! Stand down!"

I threw my shield at the jet stopping the propellers. I jumped on the jet trying to make the jet fall. As it was I jumped and escaped. I didn't want them to follow me so I hide my uniform because of the tracker in it. I went to the hospital and went up to the vending machine where I had put the hard drive. As I came up to it I saw the whole shelf where I put it was gone. Then Natasha came up behind popping a bubble with gum. This was going to interesting.