24

"Where are we going?" I asked hesitantly.

        I might be the dumbest person in the world to voluntarily hang out with Olivia and Hazel after knowing they are brainstorming ways to get rid of me. I don't even know how I was best friends with Hazel in the first place.

        "The mall, we've told you this." Olivia said, flipping her dirty blonde hair to the side.

         I nodded. They couldn't commit murder in a public place...

        "We are going to have so much fun. Especially since it's your 18th birthday!" Hazel said giggling. Fucking giggled.

        I should've told someone I was coming with them. If I disappeared they would know who was responsible.

        I woke up this Saturday morning at 1:50. Jaxon had taken Emma out with his friends, so that led time time to chill, that was my birthday present. Except I got a call from Hazel to come hang out with her. Stupid that I came, but I truly wanted my best friend back, and I was hoping after today she would realize that she wanted our friendship back too. I just have this gut feeling that something terrible is going to happen.

        We were in downtown, the sun was shining, the wind was blowing, and it was a beautiful day. People were crowding the streets, roaming around, mostly tourists.

        "Let's just cross here." Olivia said as she started crossing the street.

        I looked to my left and right, and saw an old woman who had fallen in the middle of the street. No one was going to help her. I rushed to her and grasped her under her armpits.

        "Are you okay?"

        She slowly looked up at me and smiled. "Yes young lady. Could you please help me?"

        "Of course." I said as I helped her up. She was really short, about 4'10, so I could easily help her up.

        I crossed the street with her and stopped at the sidewalk. "Do you need help going home?"

        She paused. "If that's not too much trouble."

        Oh thank god, I had an excuse not to go with the two demons. Speaking of them, I looked around to see where they were.

        They weren't there.

        Oh well.

        The lady gave me directions to an old house that was quite a walk away.

        "Are you sure you don't want me to just call an uber?" I asked, not wanting her or I to walk that far.

        "What is an uber?" She asked.

         Ok, guess not.

         "Here, let me just call one of my friends."

        Damon. I called him, but he didn't answer. Liam didn't answer either. Called Kai, he didn't answer either, or JJ. Well damn, are they all asleep.

        I decided to call Ryder and thankfully he answered. "What the hell do you want?" He asked in a sleepy voice.

        "Did I wake you up, it's like 3! Anyway come to my location quick."

        "How the hell do I know where you are?"

         "I'm sharing my location with you." I answered.

         "How the hell do you- never mind ok be there in three."

         Short while later Ryder pulled up in his vintage pick up truck. I helped Rose up and then slipped into the backseat.

         "Who's this?" Ryder asked.

        "My mother." I said with an eye roll.

        "Isn't yours dead though?" Ouch.

        "I was kidding. She needs a ride home." I have him the address.

        "Are you her boyfriend?" Rose asked.

        I choked. "N-no ew gross I would rather die."

        He rolled his eyes. "I'm not ugly Scar."

        "You're certainly not young man. I've been looking for a husband for quite some time, and the younger the better." Rose said as she laid a hand on Ryders hand which was grasping onto the stick.

        Ryder visibly paled and politely put her hand back in her lap. "Um, I.. um am honored but.. i'm not really looking for a, uh, a wife right about now."

        I love Rose.

        We eventually made it to her house and I hopped out of the car and opened Rose's door like a gentleman. She hopped down, and for an older lady she is very quick on her feet. We both walked to her front door and we said goodbye and she stepped into her house, closing the door behind her. I went back to the car and hopped into the passenger seat.

        "Well shit. I just got a marriage offer. Do you think she's rich?" Stupid Ryder asked.

        I sighed.

                                       ***

        We were now at a diner, with the rest of the boys. I learned that they were all sleeping over together so they didn't answer their phone because it was a dare. Weirdos. At least they remembered my birthday and they came to the diner to celebrate.

         "Weren't you supposed to be with Hazel and Olivia?" Damon asked me, he was sitting on my right.

         "I was, but then they disappeared."

         "Well damn, do you want to go back?"

         I looked at him like he was crazy. "I think they want to kill me and you want me to go back with them?"

         He frowned. "Hazel isn't so bad."

         I looked at him, looked at Kai who was sitting across from me, and started laughing. "Oh Damon, you poor baby." I said as I finished laughing at him.

         He frowned. "Why are you laughing at me?"

         I was about to answer but was interrupted by the door banging open. Two officers strolled in and zeroed in on our table.

         "Which one of you is in trouble?" I hissed to the table.

         No one answered.

         The two officers power walked to our table and zeroed in on, me.

         "Are you Scar Blake?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Yeah."

"Get up."

I raised my eyebrows and nudged Liam to move so I could get up. Once I was up one of the officers grabbed me roughly by the shoulders and slammed me into a nearby wall.

"Woah what the fuck!" I shrieked as my forehead collided with the stone wall.

I heard the rest of the boys stand up, and tried to come help me. "No stay away!" I shouted, halting them.

"What the hell is your deal fat ass?" I asked the fat officer. Probably shouldn't insult the officer who's slamming me into a wall.

"You are being arrested for the murder of Rose Bellingham."

I froze. Rose is dead?

I didn't resist as they roughly cuffed my wrists behind me. I didn't resist as they slammed me into the wall once more. I didn't resist when they started shoving me in the direction of the door.

They were telling me my rights when I turned my head to look at the table. All the boys had horror written on their faces. I looked at Damon who was looking at me in desperation.

"Call my brother." I said before I was taken outside.

a/n: btw you should read my other book better this one sucks 😂