29

Flashback: 10 years ago

Scar

        "Scarlett, we're leaving, say bye to your brother for us." My mother said as she and my father walked out of the front door.

        No hug, no nothing.

        It wasn't uncommon for my parents to leave weeks at a time, leaving my brother as babysitter to a seven year old. He's still a kid too, he doesn't need to take care of another human being at 13.

He was at a friends house, most likely staying there for the night, and so had no way to tell him our parents left. It's okay, I'm used to being alone.

        I walked into the kitchen looking for something to eat. My mom forgot to feed me, saying that I was a bad girl and didn't deserve  be fed. Jaxon had snuck a piece of bread under my door where my father had locked me in my room.

        I don't know what I did to make my parents hate me so much. I was just a little girl. Little girls are usually spoiled by their parents. Little girls are told they are loved every day. Little girls know they are cherished.

        I wish I was treated like a little girl. Not a waste of space.

                                      ***

Scar

Staring at a graffitied grey wall all day gets boring. They've put me in my cell, not letting me out for a week. It wasn't my fault that waste of space decided to threaten my daughter. Motherfucker. He deserves to be in that coma I put him in after smashing my foot on his head. Probably shouldn't have gone to those measures, but if someone threatens my baby, especially her deadbeat sperm donor, there'll be hell to pay.

"You have a visitor." Officer something said, and took me to the visiting room.

She took off my handcuffs and I looked around. I saw Damon and Luke. They were both staring at me with twin faces of despair.

I walked up to them and Luke immediately grabbed me and wrapped me in a hug. His tall frame curved around my body, as if shielding me from the world.

"I'm sorry." He whispers.

What?

I pulled away and looked at Damon and he merely grasped my hand and held it to his chest.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Sit down." Damon murmured.

I sat down, mainly because I could see the same officer about to come over and make me sit down.

        "What's wrong? Oh, I have a problem too. Where's Emma, is she safe?"

        Liam frowned. "What do you mean is she safe? She's with Jaxon, is something wrong with baby?"

        "I've never told anyone about her... sperm donor..."

        The two boys perked up at that.

        "So, when I was fourteen there was this one officer that was always hitting on me right?"

Damon practically growled, his face twisting in anger. "You were only fourteen? Holy shit."

I looked at him dumbly. "Did you never connect the dots with how I have a two year old daughter?"

"I never thought about it."

I rolled my eyes exasperated. "Alright fine. Anyway, one day he came into my cell in the middle of the night, he only could because he disabled all the cameras in the hallway and in my room. Then he raped me, and two weeks later I realized I was pregnant."

Both boys looked at each other with twin faces of disgust. "Where is this fucker?" They both asked.

I smiled. "In the hospital. I put him in when he threatened my baby. He knows he has a daughter. How the fuck does he know when I never told him?"

"You had a Emma in juvie right?"

I frowned, the shook my head. "No they took me to the hospital because they didn't have a maternity ward in freaking juvie."

Liam rolled his eyes. "Well, he probably heard that you were pregnant somehow and knew it was his."

I sighed. "Let's just forget about it, but please take care of her while i'm not there."

Damon nodded. "She's a mini me now."

I rolled my eyes and remembered that they were gonna tell me something before. "What were you guys so sad about before."

That darkened the mood real quick.

Liam and Damon both frowned and looked down at the table.

"What happened?" I asked again when neither would respond.

Liam looked up at me and I was shocked to see a tear gliding down his face.

"You know Kai and JJ's sisters right?"

I nodded slowly. Of course I knew them. Lea, Kai's sister, was always calling my her favorite aunt and she's such a cutie.

"Well, um, Kai and the two girls got in a car accident." Damon said when Liam couldn't answer.

I gulped, my throat closing up, my eyes on the verge of tears. "They're all ok right?"

Liam our his head in his hands. "No, t-they... Scar, L-Lea a-and Sam are, d-d-dead." He could hardly contain his sobs.

I froze. No, it couldn't be possible. They're practically babies, no. "No, what? No, no." I repeated as my throat kept closing up and I couldn't breathe.

Damon looked up at me, a serious expression on his face. "That's not all Scar."

I froze. No, Kai. "What happened to Kai?"

Liam suddenly sobbed and hurried out of the room, an officer following him.

Damon gulped as his eyes welled up, the most emotion I've seen from him today.

"Scar, Kai was in a coma."

I furiously swiped at a tear that escaped from my eye. "Was in a coma, that's good right?"

Damon suddenly looked me in the eye, unflinching. "Scar, he didn't hold on. He's dead."

No.