Chapter - 10

Author's Pov:

"Oh, hey. It's Y/n, right?" Seokjin turns to the mage with a grin. "I'm surprised you remember my name."

"Since when- how- what- why the f*ck?" Y/n turns to Layla who only shrugs. "Do you want me to drive you home?" Seokjin asks, turning to Layla and holds her hand. The female ghost only shook her head and gives her "boyfriend" a small smile.

"No need, I'm going home with Y/n."

While Y/n feels like she had been third-wheeling, she steps back. Only to be grabbed at the shoulders by none other than her cousin, Luke.

"Since when does she have a boyfriend?!" Luke yelled at her face, making her squint her eyes due to his loudness. "Why do I not know this?!"

"I DON'T KNOW EITHER! STOP SHAKING ME!"

"See you tomorrow, babe," the two L/ns hear Seokjin say before he planted a kiss on Layla's forehead and walked away.

Y/n's Pov:

"You what?!" 

"I'm sorry, okay?" Layla raises her hands while I give her a disappointed look. I took a deep breath while I sensed my best friend slumping down on the couch. After that scene, Luke immediately disappeared to Hera knows where and me dragging my best friend home. 

"How caN YOU GIVE TEN BUCKS WHEN YOU COULD HAVE GIVEN HIM FIVE?!" I somehow screeched like that banshee who knocked at the window of my uncle's house a week ago.

"Luke has been pra- wait, you aren't mad about me faking a relationship with Seokjin?" Layla looks at me confused. I took another deep breath with two of my hands in a praying position in front of my face, then gave her a BOI ARE YOU SERIOUS look.

"Well I am sort of pissed that you didn't tell me. But LAYLA," I point at the short-haired girl in front of me. "WE COULD HAVE SAVED FIVE BUCKS."

Apparently, Layla had paid ten bucks to Seokjin to be her fake boyfriend so that she could get back to Luke. I honestly didn't really care about the pranks and all, but seriously, we really could have saved five bucks.

"You're acting as if I didn't die as a wealthy duchess of Korea," Layla rolled her eyes at me and shook her head. "Let's order five boxes of pizza."

Oh yeah, Layla is a duchess in her past. Yeah it wasn't really an important detail.

Well maybe it is.

But her duchessy acts were just back when we were little. You could have seen her being a bit of a drama queen and so royally. And thanks to me, I had helped her loosen up a little so you can obviously see that she acts just like a normal person.

And yeah she's really really rich.

Her treasures, gold, silvers, and other riches were buried along with her coffin. I dared not to see her actual dead body. And that's a good thing she didn't suggest me going with her to visit her tomb.

"Is this a little celebration for you since you actually successfully pranked Luke?" I asked, suspiciously but she only grinned widely at me.

"Maybe, maybe not."

"Why'dya pick Jin in the first place, by the way?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. Out of all the people in the school, it had to be Kim Seok Jin. It's not that I had a problem with it. "Well," she crossed her arms. "He is one of the school's heartthrobs, plus he's actually sweet."

"You're not actually coincidentally falling for him, are you?" 

Layla scoffs. "Me? Falling for him? No way. I paid him to just do that little stunt in front of Luke-"