Chapter - 15

yes i'm okay and i'm back

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Pov:

"What?" Y/n stared at her, dumbfounded. "You're saying that my mother is a royal?"

The female ghost nods.

"And that I'm living in a lie of me just being a normal mage?"

Layla nods once again. Y/n slumped back at her seat, running a hand on her hair while she stared at her best friend in disbelief. "T-this is crazy. This is crazy. You're joking and it's not true-"

"I'm serious, Y/n."

It was true, there was no glint of anything mischevious on her eyes. She wore a serious expression that Y/n always see whenever Layla asks her permission if she could kick out a ghost that wanted to live in this house. But Y/n was still in denial.

"It's a prank and I just know it! All of the things you're saying is just a lie-"

"I'm not lying-"

"Then if you're telling the truth, then that means I've been living in a lie!" Y/n puts her hands up in the air. She realizes her sudden outburst, and sat back down in the couch, calming herself. Layla went to sit beside her and puts a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"I know it's all too much for you, but you needed to know the truth."

Y/n lets out a sigh. "How is all of this related to my parents' death?"

"Your parents didn't die in a car crash, Y/n/n (nickname). They died during their journey of finding the Queen's dragon jewel."

Y/n's heart sank when she found out that her parents' death caused by a car accident was also a lie, but confusion suddenly flodded her mind. "The Queen's dragon jewel?"

Layla bit her lower lip, as she thinks for a moment. But she suddenly stood up, thinking it was finally the time.  "Let me show you something."

The female mage stood up and followed the ghost up the flight of stairs. Y/n could hear the ghost let out a small sigh before she spoke, "The Queen's dragon jewel is where all of the Queen's powers being kept. Star may have inherited some of its powers but the jewel still holds the most powerful magic of all."

The two continued their way on the hall until the reached the familiar golden door of the File Room. Layla opened it with ease, unlike earlier where she had to cut herself again. They entered the room that lacked of gravity, Y/n looked at Layla, puzzled.

"What are we doing in my File Room?"

Layla chuckled. "You mean my File Room."

"Huh?" The mage stared at her, more confused than ever. Layla started to float her way downwards instead of forward. It was like swimming towards the deepest depth of an ocean, because it was starting to get darker and darker in each time they swam down.

Layla then draws a square with her finger on the black abyss. The square she drew shone in light, she then opened it as if it was a small trapdoor and entered inside. Y/n follows inside and felt herself suddenly being pulled down.

Her feet then reached the ground, she look around in awe as she sees millions of stars in her surroundings. It was as if she was in an observatory.