Chapter 4

Chapter 4

●●●

When they showed up at Jungkook's doorstep with cakes and cookies, the boy seemed entirely done with studying. Instead he pushed all his books to the side to make some space for all of them to sit down on the soft carpet and eat the cakes.

Once he'd set the table and intended to sit down, Taehyung stopped him from doing so, instead gesturing for him to come sit with him. The way they had always done it, at least before Jungkook had grown too tall to sit comfortably on Taehyung's lap. But he wasn't going to let that stop him today. So he made Jungkook sit down between his legs and wrapped his arms around his upper body, hesitantly dropping his chin on Jungkook's shoulder, for the first time in weeks breathing in Jungkook's smell again. The familiar scent worked it's spell as Taehyung's shoulders untensed and he sighed softly. He had no idea why he had thought that anything was going to change.

As always Jungkook sensed that something was going on. "Everything alright?" he asked, sounding a bit worried. Taehyung noticed that Jungkook was just as tense as he had been. Jimin had been right. Jungkook was really worried about Taehyung treating him differently. Felt just as uncomfortable with the novelty of the situation as Taehyung. God, Taehyung really sucked at being a friend. Jungkook was going through a huge change and that's when Taehyung suddenly started distancing himself.

He hoped that Jungkook would be willing to forgive him.

That helped give Taehyung the final push to say something.

"I'm sorry." He began, slowly brushing his hand over Jungkook's side, hopefully soothing Jungkook too. "I know things have been weird lately. I've been such a dick and, even worse, avoiding you because I had no fucking clue how to deal with you suddenly growing up and not being my baby anymore."

He could hear Jungkook swallow heavily, hesitantly reaching up and grabbing Taehyung's thumb. Taehyung could feel his heart break. Even his small gestures were still the same. His hand holding habit still remained from a time when Taehyung's hand had been a lot bigger than Jungkook's.

Jungkook hugged Taehyung's arms tightly to his body. "But... I am your baby... you know that, right? I'll always be your and Jimin's baby." Taehyung could practically hear the frown in Jungkook's voice. "It doesn't matter that my body just decided to change... I'll make such a bad omega though." Jungkook chuckled, an attempt at lightening the mood.

Taehyung sighed, softly pecking Jungkook's neck. It was comforting. Something had been missing these last weeks. This was it. The closeness with Jungkook.

"You will always be our baby... I was scared that maybe if you grew taller you wouldn't want to be anymore. That there would be no need for me to protect you anymore."

There was a short silence before Jungkook muttered something Taehyung almost didn't catch.

"Spiders? What spiders?"

"You still have to protect me?" Jungkook muttered, almost looking a bit embarrassed as he tucked his chin in. "Protect me from spiders and wasps and all those horror movies..."

Jimin, who was sitting opposite to them giggled, swallowing a big piece of cake. "You're still scared of those movies?

Jungkook groaned. "Shut the fuck up, Jimin. No one's asking for your opinion."

"Be grateful, brat. I was the one who spent the whole morning talking to Taehyung about you."

Finally untensing his body, Jungkook leaned against Taehyung's chest. "What did you talk about?"

Jimin sent a short glance to Taehyung, checking with him before deciding to do the talking, since he was actually somewhat prepared for this conversation, unlike Taehyung. "We think you might not present as an omega, but an alpha."

For a couple of seconds Jungkook said absolutely nothing, his lips pressing into a thin line. "You think I will?"

Taehyung nodded. "You... at least your body and all that, have been giving off more alpha vibes. Maybe we're wrong and you are going to turn into a beta. That's not that unlikely. But no omega."

The last thing Taehyung had expected to happen was for Jungkook to move out of his embrace, a scowl on his face. "No... I'm going to be an omega. I'm sure of it. Everyone always says that. I'd be different if I were actually supposed to be an alpha. Not like... this. I'm weak and totally depended on you... that's not alpha like. And I'm not mean... am I mean? Is that why you think I'm going to turn into an alpha?" There was a strong spike in distress pheromones in the room. The faint familiar scent of Jungkook's fear tore at Taehyung's heart.

There was nothing he hated more than seeing Jungkook feeling anxious. So he reached out, cupping Jungkook's face with his hands to force the boy to properly look at him. "Jungkook. You are not mean... you're my Jungkookie and nothing about that is going to change. What you are biologically won't simply change your character. You're a sweet, lovely boy... not like those guys who think they have to piss all over to place to mark it as their territory. That's not you... I-" Taehyung hesitated. He'd never actually believed that there could be good alphas, but maybe he had been wrong. At least if Jungkook was going to be one of them. "I think that those guys out there... those alphas... they are dicks because they feel like that's their worth. They always have to feel like the best, the strongest... but that's not you. You do have your worth and it lies somewhere else, okay? You're our pretty boy." Not really thinking about it he leaned forward and pecked Jungkook's nose.

Giggling Jungkook scrunched up his nose. "More."

Taehyung laughed, pecking his cheek too... and then his cheekbone and then his forehead. Jungkook let out a couple of sweet sounds, dropping his head against Taehyung's shoulder once he was done plastering his face with kisses.

"I needed that." Jungkook let out a soft sigh, closing his eyes tiredly before turning his head towards Jimin, who was fondly watching the two of them. "I... would you guys mind watching a movie and cuddling like we used to?"

"No, of course not." Jimin reassured, moving closer and ruffling Jungkook's hair. "What do you wanna watch?"

A/N

This story starts of a little slow... but trust me it gets progressivly cuter💜