Chapter 8

Chapter 8

●●●

Sometime close to the evening, at least going by the light that shone into the room through the window above Jungkook's bed, Taehyung woke up again. Things were just like they had been when he'd fallen asleep. Jungkook's face was there, centimeters from his, and he could see Jimin's hand loosely thrown over Jungkook's waist.

As if he'd sensed Taehyung waking up Jungkook opened his eyes, tiredly blinking at him. He looked a bit sicker than he had before. His face was sweaty, his gaze a bit hazy, like he had a hard time seeing what was actually in front of him. "How are you feeling?" Taehyung whispered.

Jungkook swallowed hard, blinking a couple more times before reaching his hand out and slowly brushing his thumb over Taehyung's cheek. "Okay... I-" He swallowed again, like he had a dry throat, which was not that unlikely considering he probably had a fever too. "Tae..."

"Yeah? I'm here." Taehyung whispered, reaching his hand out as well to let Jungkook feel that he was there. This close. Jungkook sighed contently at the skin contact, closing his eyes for a few seconds.

Just when Taehyung thought Jungkook might have fallen asleep he opened his eyes again. "Tae... can I..." He hesitated for a second. "If you don't want to you can push me away."

Taehyung didn't get the chance to ask what Jungkook meant before he felt soft lips against his own. It took him a couple of seconds to combine the fact that someone was kissing him and that he had just talked to Jungkook to the realisation that Jungkook was kissing him. Or at least tried. He wasn't exactly experienced, just carefully pressing his lips against Taehyung's, his hand awkwardly hovering above Taehyung's cheek like he wasn't sure whether it would be okay to touch him right now.

Although he felt overwhelmed by the situation Taehyung didn't have the urge to push Jungkook away or even stop him. Instead he closed his eyes hesitantly, awkwardly moving his lips against Jungkook's. It wasn't like he had much more experience than the younger.

Slowly he reached for Jungkook's hand and placed it on his cheek, giving Jungkook his okay to touch him. It was ridiculously adorable that Jungkook had kissed him but drew the line at touching his cheek while kissing.

Once he'd silently given Jungkook the permission to kiss him, the boy finally seemed to relax against him his thumb brushing over Taehyung's cheek. It was such a unique feeling of contentedness. Jungkook's woody scent washing over him while they kissed. Kissing his Jungkookie. His alpha. The only scenario in which he could actually picture himself kissing an alpha. Because it was this alpha. At least that's what the hormones hazing his mind made it out to be.

It was Jungkook who broke the kiss, out of breath and with a flushed face. Instead of saying anything he quickly pecked Taehyung's forehead before climbing over him and scurrying off towards the bathroom.

Taehyung followed him with his eyes. Jungkook totally had a boner. If that was because of the kissing or because of his rut wasn't clear, but probably both.

Holy shit. Jungkook had kissed him and he had kissed him back. Only now the realization really settled in. He hadn't really hesitated because of how familiar and beautiful Jungkook was, but he hadn't actually thought about it. Jungkook... Jungkook had probably kissed him because of the rut. Because of all the hormones and his biology.

Jungkook had just presented as an alpha... he was in his rut. Of course he felt drawn to Taehyung. Taehyung buried his face in the pillow. This was going to be awkward. Talking about this was going to be so damn awkward.

A warm smile tugged at Taehyung's lips. Yeah, the situation was unfortunate, but Taehyung also knew that it wouldn't change anything. Because they could talk. Jungkook always talked about everything that was on his mind. That was one of the things Taehyung appreciated about him.

Just because they had kissed things didn't have to get weird. Maybe they would tease Jungkook a bit or maybe even Taehyung... after all he had been the one who had kissed Jungkook back although he wasn't in heat, but it wasn't going to ruin anything. Taehyung knew that.

His eyes wandered towards the bathroom.

Jungkook... Jungkook had just always been there, like a little brother, but he wasn't actually like a brother because Taehyung could clearly see that Jungkook was attractive, sweet and just amazing overall. The only person he cared about as much as he did about Jungkook was Jimin... who was lying next to them and hadn't noticed a thing. They would probably tell him tomorrow and he would tease the hell out of them and complain that he hadn't gotten a kiss too.

Taehyung slipped a bit closer to Jimin and pecked his cheek. The boy moved in his sleep but didn't wake up. Cuddling up to Jimin Taehyung closed his eyes, letting his thoughts wander, trying to fall asleep again.

Great thought in theory, but Taehyung couldn't seem to drift off, which is why, instead of risking getting more frustrated, he waited for Jungkook to return from the bathroom. When he showed up a bit later, looking more like himself again, Taehyung asked whether he wanted to watch TV for a bit.

There were no questions asked and minutes later they sat on the sofa, cuddled up to each other, rewatching Rick and Morty since they wouldn't have to focus too much on something they had seen before. Just as Taehyung had predicted things didn't really feel different. Jungkook was leaning against his shoulder, his breathing slow and quiet. The younger was the first to fall asleep, his head almost dropping onto Taehyung's lap.

He was probably exhausted from his rut. Taehyung could remember his own heat way too well. How tired he had been in between desperate jerk offs. Not having a partner to take care of you sucked.

Softly he threaded his hand through Jungkook's hair, hoping the boy wouldn't feel as lonely. At some point he fell asleep too, his head resting against the back of the couch.

When he woke up again he was back in bed, sandwiched between Jungkook and Jimin, who were both still sleeping.

Tiredly he cuddled up closer to Jungkook, contently inhaling his scent before falling asleep again.

A/N

I love this story so much too... like I just love all my stories😂

It's bad