Chapter 18

Chapter 18

●●●

A few days later Jimin's rut was slowly coming to an end. He wasn't completely out of it yet, but the constant pain and horniness were slowly fading away. They were lying on the couch, Jimin's hand slowly threading through Jungkook's hair while the boy was resting his head on Jimin's thigh.

"You know." Taehyung said from his seat a bit farther away. It wasn't like he didn't want to cuddle, but Jimin was completely overheated and he was growing too sweaty for his own comfort. Jungkook didn't seem to mind though.

Not that the boy cared about anything as long as he received the attention he was craving.

"I know this comes kind of out of nowhere... but I think it would be better if you got more used to Jungkook's alpha." Taehyung stated, pausing the movie.

"But I am comfortable now, aren't I?" Jimin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as Jungkook turned around to look up at his face instead of the screen in front of them.

"You are mostly comfortable right now... but I can tell you tense up every time Jungkook dares to puff his chest out a bit more and make himself bigger. Your alpha is still viewing him as a threat, isn't he?"

Jimin pressed his lips into a thin line, looking down at Jungkook, who was expectantly waiting for his answer, before giving a soft sigh of defeat. "Yeah... my alpha still feels somewhat threatened by Jungkook... he's just a lot to take in. I think he's giving my alpha inferiority complexes." He chuckled, but it sounded dry. Not like it really was a laughing matter.

Before Taehyung could say anything Jungkook sat up from his lying position and instead went to straddle Jimin. He moved down to nose at Jimin's neck, pecking it all over. "But my alpha likes yours a lot... It wants to protect you." Jungkook whispered softly and Taehyung watched Jimin shiver under the touch, closing his eyes.

"I know... it's just... I was supposed to be an omega and now I'm just a failure of an alpha. Weak minded, anything but self confident... I'm neither this nor that." Jimin whispered so very softly, his voice almost breaking at the end.

And it hurt. Because Taehyung couldn't do anything to help. Because he wasn't in the same situation both Jungkook and Jimin had gone through. He wanted to be there for Jimin but how could he when he didn't understand the pain. He was the only one of them that had actually turned out to be exactly what they had expected.

But he wasn't alone in this. Jimin didn't just have Taehyung. He also had Jungkook, who moved to cup his cheeks, looking at Jimin with so much love. Jungkook had always been like this. He could look at you and just made you feel warm and loved.

"Who cares about stereotypes? Why do you have to fit into one or the other category? You're amazing the way you are and you have us, who love you more than anything just like that. Because you're our Jiminie. You feel threatened by my alpha? There is no reason to because all my alpha wants to do is cuddle up to you and bare my neck at you. He wants to love you with all he has... and he wants for you to love yourself." Jungkook pressed a kiss to Jimin's scent gland and Taehyung could watch the boy tense up again.

He moved a bit closer, taking Jimin's hand just to show him that he was there for him, too. Jimin squeezed it softly, closing his eyes for a second and relaxing in Jungkook's hold.

"Jungkook..." Jimin whispered softly, tilting his head to the side to press a kiss to Jungkook's neck, who whined softly, seemingly content with the reaction. What Jimin said next was so unexpected Taehyung couldn't properly process what he had just said for a few seconds.