Chapter 15

Chapter 15

●●●

Dating came to them as easily as their friendship had been for them. Absolutely nothing changed. Everything just got even more intimate, which certainly meant something.

The first issues only arose when, a month later, Jimin went into his rut. Just like always Jungkook and Taehyung got a small warning text that he was feeling a bit off, so they had their time to go buy everything they would need for it. Food, mainly prepackaged, and gallons of water.

When they showed up at Jimin's place it was filled with alpha pheromones. Well aware that, no matter how much Jungkook loved Jimin's scent, it would mess with his head (It also did with Taehyung's, but in a very different way) so he opened all the windows. Jungkook waited patiently, using the time to slip out of his coat and dutifully hang it up on the peg. Once Taehyung was done ventilating the rooms a bit they made their way over to Jimin's room. For a second Taehyung thought about maybe telling Jungkook to shower since he had been at the fitness studio and certainly smelled a lot like alpha, and he really wasn't sure how sensitive Jimin was going to be, but then again, they would have to get used to it. Both of them. Especially Jimin though.

While Jungkook really didn't seem to have much of an issue with submitting to Jimin, probably because of how normal it was in their dynamic, Jimin seemed to really struggle with it most of the time. This rut was certainly going to be interesting.

All of them had given their okay to the possibility of something happening during whoever's heat or rut was going to hit first. But for now the question was whether Jimin was even going to be able to really accept an alpha during his rut.

Taehyung was the first to open the door to Jimin's room, just to instantly get hit with pheromones. Jimin was lying on the bed, heavily panting, hugging his blanket to his body. When they entered his eyes fixated them and Taehyung could see him swallow heavily.

Slowly Jimin sat up, revealing that he was only in his underwear. His face was still flushed as he climbed out of the bed to welcome them. He was probably going for a hug like he usually did when he wasn't this far into the rut yet.

"Fuck, I'm glad you're finally here." He sounded genuinely relieved. "I kept looking at the clock, but the time..." He froze in place, his body tensing as suddenly a growl ripped from his throat. Taehyung startled when Jungkook behind him growled too, his scent spiking, the whole room suddenly filled with the alpha pheromones they were both releasing.

Jimin took a few steps forward, his gaze boring into Jungkook, eyes small as slits as the rumbling in his chest went on. Taehyung turned around to find Jungkook just as tense, his hands balled into fists. At least he wasn't growling anymore like Jimin was, although he looked like he was ready to pounce any second.

Taehyung couldn't do anything but stare as Jimin came to a halt right in front of Jungkook, his whole body strained. The younger was clearly trying everything to keep his alpha in check, stopping himself from reacting to Jimin's aggression.

They should have expected this. Foreseen that this would happen. No alpha accepted other alphas in his territory during their rut. That didn't exclude Jimin and Jungkook, no matter how much they had hoped for it.

Almost on reflex Taehyung started releasing soothing pheromones and took a step forward towards Jimin. Because Jimin was the one struggling with his rut. Taehyung was going to have to get him to calm down in some way. But when he reached out to take Jimin's hand, just to do anything to distract him, another growl ripped through the air. But this time it wasn't Jimin. It was Jungkook.