Chapter 8

Mia realized that she's already drowning in tears. If her phone didn't ring, she wouldn't notice that she's been crying like a kid.

"Hello." She answered without looking at the caller. She's wiping her tears.

"Hey Love!"

"Are you okay?" Jin was full of concern.

"Ahm, yeah! I am fine." Of course she'll deny that a moment ago she's crying so hard.

"You seems to have a hoarse voice."

"I slept. Maybe, that's the reason."

"Okay, I just called to check on you. I might be busy in a bit. Have you had your dinner?"

She looked at the time and saw that it's past 6:00 P.M.

"Nope!"

"Okay. Eat your dinner now. I really need to go. Okay? I love you!"

"I love you too!" She replied briefly. And just like that Jin dropped the call.

"As always!" She exclaimed in frustration.

Amor will do the opposite. She will surely make her something to eat. Then she will make her coffee and they will eat together even if Amor has eaten already. Because Amor always make her feel important.

"Shit! Why do I keep on thinking about her. This is not good!" She scolded herself." But she can't help it.

"Are you home?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Can I come?"

"Yes, sure!"

"Bring something to drink and eat"

"Got it!"

Mia got up and get dressed. She's really out of her mind right now but she really wants to see Amor again. She didn't ask Trixie if she's there to avoid her getting suspicious. She's just hoping that she's there. If not, well, she'll wait for he to come home. She'll be home by midnight for sure after work. Trixie said that she'll be doing a night shift this month.

"My poor girl." She felt heavy all of a sudden.

"I'm going to a friend's house tonight. I'll message you when I get home."

She left a message to Jin. She is not expecting a reply. She knows how busy she might be right now.

She bought a bottle of tequila and a box of fried chicken and some chips. Trixie is widely smilinh when she saw her. This bitch loves to drink, especially if it's for free, she must be so excited.

She looks around and it seems that Amor is really not home. She asked Trixie in an uninterested way.

"Home alone again?" She said.

"Yes, Amor will be home by midnight."

"I knew it!" She talked to herself of course.

After Trixie prepared everything on the table they started drinking. They talk about stuff from the past and the recent ones. They're also watching a comedy film but are really not into it. It is just like a view for them to look at when they are bored of talking.

"How is she?" She asked. Goodness! She must be drunk for asking this all of a sudden.

"Who?" Trixie was surprised.

"Your housemate." She said in a monotone voice.

"Not her! babe!" Her friend gave her a warning look.

"What? I am just asking about her." She weras that innocent face.

She wants to deny her interest but maybe her reaction is really different from the words coming out from her mouth.

"Yes, and you've been asking about her since that day you two met." Trixie rolled her eyes.

"Well, I am a curious cat" She jokingly said.

"She's fine. She's a good person. Even if she's not talking that much. She seems to have a good heart. I can just feel that positive vibes from her. But..."

"But what?"

"She seems lonely. Well, sometimes she acts like she ate a big box of chocolate because she's too hyper and always laughing but there are really times that she looks so sad and lonely. I don't know. That's why, please, skip her."

"She's not fond of chocolates" She blurted out.

"What? How did you know?" Now, her friend is eyeing her. Thanks to her careless mouth.

"Ahm, well. You can see it by her looks. She's so thin and" She's out of words. Is she going to be caught?

"She is not thin! She's undeniably sexy!" Trixie reacted.

"Yes, of course! She is!" She's lucky she's able to divert her attention by mentioning her physique.

"I wish I have her body. But she told me she's bigger than I am before. She tokld me that I just needed to focus and discipline myself if I really want to lose some weight."

"Ohh, so, she's sharing her past life to you." She's fishing out some information here. If she needs to buy another bottle to let Trixie talk and talk she won't have a second thought and buy again in a second.

"Yes. But too little. If I am asking her about her love life, she will just smile. She's always telling me that there are things that are needed to be buried in the past and need not to be brought up again."

"Hmmm, really? She said that?"

"Yes, maybe she was really badly hurt. I don't know."

Mia was hurt. She thought her memories are worth remembering but Amor wants to bury it forever! Seriously!?

And here she is now, remembering all of it like a teenage girl who saw her ex-crush.

"You killed her with pain, idiot! What do you expect?" A voice shouted in her head.

And she was speechless. She can't argue with that anymore.

***Sorry for the late update guys! This  pandemic is really making us feel so restless. I wish you all safety!***

Xoxo

L.T ❤️