Chapter 17

Amor can't help but cry when she feel  Mia's body, when she was wrapped by her arms. She misses all of these.

"Ssssh, please, don't cry Amor. You need to relax. Okay?" She cupped her face and wiped her tears.

"It is really not advisable for the patient to cry." A voice interrupted them.

"Doc..."

"How are you feeling Amor?" She asked while checking up on her.

"I am feeling better." Amor replied.

Before the tension gets hotter, Trixie opened the door and greeted them.

"Good evening!". She exclaimed.

She arranged the things that she brought. After a while Hailey bid her a goodbye.

But she looked at Mia, giving her an eye contact that means, "Let us talk outside."

"I will send Doc Hailey out." She told Trixie and Amor.

Instead of talking outside. Mia amd Hailey both went to a coffee shop in front of the hospital after Hailey changed her clothes. She's supposed to go home after checking on Amor, but decided to talk to Mia.

"I don't want to beat around the bush. I am talking to you not as Amor's doctor now."

"What do you mean by that?" Mia was surprised, and annoyed.

"Why did you come back in her life? She frankly asked her.

"Excuse me?" She let her know that she doesn't like the question.

"Amor is my patient, and my friend. A very special one."

"A very special one?"

"Just answer my question. I knew how much you hurt her in the past." She said with too much disgust on her face.

"Oh, so you two had a more than friends relationship?" She's now mad.

She's mad that Amor might have shared their life to a stranger, and got closer to that stranger! She's just mad right now.

"Is it important? You haven't answered my question yet." She almost rolled her eyes.

Indeed, this girl is hard to deal with, how could Amor put up with this person? No wonder she's suffered a lot. Hailey thought to herself.

"We are destined to meet again. Simple." Mia said in arrogance.

"Cliché!" Hailey fired back.

"How did you two meet?" Mia asked.

"I met her during her darkest days. I don't want to elaborate. Let us not focus on that. Let us focus on the present situation."

Mia was about to say a word but Hailey cut it.

"It's her first attack today, the second one could be fatal." She said in a very serious voice.

Mia stayed silent.

"I told her to take care of herself. The last time she visited me, she was really feeling okay. Enjoying her job and new life. I told her to keep visiting me for a follow up check-up."

"Or just keep on visiting you for your personal motives?"

"You are really persistent, aren't you?" Hailey almost want to smack her face.

Amor could have been dead right now, and yet this ex of hers thought about jealousy and useless stuff. Unbelievable!

"I have been told." She looked at her with a straight face.

"Okay, since you really want to know. Yes! Amor is very special to me since the day I met her.

"Since that day I saw her smiling yet I can see sadness in her eyes. Since I get a hold of her because she lost her consciousness that night. The warmth of her body just touched my body, heart and soul."

"She's a very warm person, a heart full of love and hope. It's hard not to like her, not to fall in love with her. My rainbow heart can't deny that feelings. But." She paused.

"But, she just want me to be her friend. She told me, someone took her heart away already and didn't return it back to her yet. She didn't tell me a word with her past, but I can feel too much sadness in her words."

Mia can't hold back her tears. It just fell from her eyes.

"As her friend. I am telling you, what happened now is a cause of too much stress, anxiety and too much crying. I don't know what's going on, but definitely seeing you again makes her feel that way."

"I never wanted her to feel that way." She almost murmured.

"You are old enough Mia, as a doctor I will try my best to save her. But I hope, you're not going to let her sleep in a hospital bed again." She knows that she's acting weird right now, but she cares a lot for Amor. She doesn't care what Mia would think.

After a moment of silence and staring at each other. Hailey stood up.

"I better go. Think about what I said to you. Don't hurt her more than what her heart can handle." She said, then walked out from that coffee shop, leaving a very stunned Mia.

***Hi guys! Another update. Thanks for reading and voting.***

Xoxo!

L.T ❤️