° New Beginnings °

The wind was rushing through your hair, the air feeling refreshing as you were driving along to the place that you would soon call home.

You weren't all that sad to be leaving, because you never really had any friends. You were the socially awkward type, so you were glad to start afresh. Where nobody already has a predetermined opinion on you.

Eventually, the car came to a halt in front of a small, but homely looking, house. You got out of the car and ran to the front door. You were eager to get inside and finally decorate your room.

The moment your father unlocked the door, you ran upstairs to find the space that you would soon turn into your paradise.

It was small but not too small. It had just enough space for everything. You could picture where everything was going to go, bed perpendicular to the window, bookshelf in the back corner, wardrobe in the other corner. It was perfect.

Once the moving van came, you helped your parents bring the stuff in. It was a tad heavy, but you could manage. Your dad set up your bed and wardrobe and said that he'd do the rest tomorrow, which was fair enough.

Sighing, you flopped down on your newly assembled bed wondered how your life would pan out.

New home.

New school.

New people.

New life.

After dinner, you went to bed, but struggled to get to sleep. You were both nervous and excited for the next day when you would be starting your new life at Karasuno high school.

Le time skip, brought to you by clean skin.

The sun shone in through the curtainless windows, stirring you from your slumber.

Half asleep, you stumbled to your wardrobe to retrieve the clothes that you would become accustomed to over the next few weeks.

You put on your new uniform, and started on the rest of your morning routine.

You brushed you h/c hair so that it looked somewhat acceptable. You never bothered much with your hair, it always ended up messy anyway.

You went downstairs to make yourself some toast to find that your mum had already made your breakfast.

"Hi Mum."

"Hey Honey, do you need me to drive you to school?"

"No, it's fine. Kei is meeting me outside to show me the way."

"Never thought he would do such a thing."

"Neither did I to be honest."

You looked at the time and saw that it was five minutes until your cousin arrived.

"Sorry, Mum, gotta hurry."

You wolfed down your food, grabbed your bag and went outside to find your cousin walking up the street with his hands in his pockets and headphones over his ears.

He took them off to greet you; however, you knew that there was no doubt he'd put them back on after a while.

"Hey, Kei."

"Hi, Y/N."

"Come on, it's this way."

Even though Kei could come across cold sometimes, you knew there was a part of him that secretly loved seeing you. He may not show it often, but it's there.

After about 30 minutes of walking, you got to the school.

"Right, so I'll take you to the office, they'll tell you what class you're in and give you your timetable and the whereabouts of your form room. After that, you're on your own. I'm not going to be able to help you all the time."

"Sure thing."

He took you to the office and you gave in your name and year group.

They told you where to go and you found it soon enough.

You found a space at the back of the classroom where you could awkwardly exist and blend into the background.

As soon as your form teacher came in, he noticed you straight away. So much for blending into the background.

"So, today, we have a new student in our class."

Don't make me introduce myself, please. You thought, begging that you wouldn't be made to awkwardly stand at the front and introduce yourself, probably making the worst first impression you ever could.

But knowing your luck...

"Would you like to come up and introduce yourself?"

"Not really but okay."

The rest of the class giggled a little bit. Maybe this wasn't going to be as bad as you thought it was going to be?

Maybe?

You stood up in front of the class, feeling all the eyes fall upon you. Your heart was in your throat. Why?! Just why?!

"Hi, I'm Y/N L/N. I'm happy to be meeting you all, and this has got cringey now, I'm done."

That earned another laugh, wow, you were funnier than you thought.

"Well, thanks Y/N. There's a spare seat over there if you would sit there, that'd be great."

You went over to the seat where your teacher pointed. It was next to a boy with spiky hair with a blonde streak.

You placed your bag on the floor as the boy turned to you.

"Hi! I'm Nishinoya!"