° A Confrontation °

Thank you so much for over 1.4K reads, I'm freaking out over here!

"Oh, you're here too."

You turned to your right, revealing the short libero by your side.

"Oh, Noya, sorry. I didn't know that you'd be here!"

He huffed. You wanted to continue the conversation but you were too nervous to do so. You shifted your gaze to the sea. The moonlight was catching on it beautifully. It made you feel so calm and forget about the presence next to you.

You sighed as you sat on the edge of the cliff, crossing your legs.

Noya POV

I've gotta talk to them. I can't keep ignoring them like this, I need to be blunt, tell them how I feel, even if it failed last time, and wait for an answer instead of running off.

I sat down next to them as we both averted our eyes to the sky. It felt almost romantic.

"Why are you here anyway?" I heard their gorgeous voice say.

"Waiting for Asahi. He said he needed to talk to me."

"I'm waiting for someone too."

I felt a spike to my heart at those words. If one of the boys has stolen their heart, there'll be no hope for me. They'd love any of those boys before me.

However, I needed to make sure that it wasn't the person I was dreading.

"Who?"

"Suga."

There it was. The exact name I didn't want to hear.

I stood up suddenly. I was fuming.

"Is something going on between you two?!"

"What? I have no idea-"

"Don't play dumb! I saw him hugging you, comforting you. You've spent every minute of your time here with him!"

"Noya, we're just friends."

I'd had it. I can't deal with this for much longer.

"JUST FRIENDS?! That's not what it looks like at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he invited you here to confess to you."

I stormed off. I heard them calling my name but it was no use. I loved them but they'd had her chance.

I went back to mine and Tanaka's room and lay on my bed.

"You okay, bro?" Tanaka said.

"It's just Y/N. They clearly have their sights set on somebody else."

No, Yuu, don't cry. You're bigger than this. Don't cry over a stupid person who doesn't care about you.

"What are you on about?"

"Huh?"

"They're crazy for you. It's obvious. The way they look at you, longing to talk to you."

Oh god. What have I done?

Reader POV

You lay in your bed, tears streaming down your face. You'd ruined your chances yet again.

You face planted your pillow, muffling your sobs and screams. You wished you had never met Nishinoya Yuu. The man who had turned your life upside down.

However, you still loved him. Despite all of the crazy emotions he made you feel. No matter how much he avoided you and made you feel worthless, you adored him.

Suddenly, bangs on the door made you jump. A voice could be heard from the other side, a voice you really didn't want to hear.

"Y/N!! It's me, Noya. I'm sorry. I've been an absolute dick. Please let me in."

You hesitantly went towards the door.

"Why should I?"

"Because I love you and I don't want to let you go."

You opened the door to reveal the spiky haired boy. He was looking down at his feet, clearly nervous.

"Come in."

He sat on your bed with you and stared straight into your eyes.

His brown orbs glistened as you got lost in them. They were the most beautiful things you had ever seen. He then spoke up.

"I'm so so sorry. I shouldn't have ran off, I shouldn't have avoided you, I shouldn't have-"

You cut him off by placing a finger to his lips.

"Shh. It's okay."

Come on Y/N. You can do this.

"I love you too."

Ahhhh finally!!!!! Sorry for not updating in like a decade. I had extreme writer's block. Anyhoo I'm here now. Sadly, this series is getting near the end. I probably only have two or three chapters left; however, I kinda wanna do a Q and A after I've finished the story but I don't know if I'd get any questions. They can be about anything. They can be about how I created the story, anime, real life (obviously no personal information), music and other fandoms. I really don't mind. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter and hopefully, I'll see you soon!

-H