° The Trip °

You and Noya were still avoiding each other. You didn't really know why this was still happening but you decided not to say anything.

It had been three weeks since Hinata's party and nothing had changed except the weather.

The sun was blazing outside, what a Summer day should truly be like. Today was the last day of the semester before the summer break and you hoped you could fix things up.

Groggily, you got out of bed and put your uniform on. You did your morning routine without a second thought. It was like muscle memory.

Once you entered the school building, you could tell that people were excited for the break. The bustling, the chatting, the sense of anticipation in the air. None of which you cared about, you just wanted to make amends.

Which was easier said than done.

"Noya!"

"Hey, Noya-"

"Over here!"

Every attempt you made to get his attention was quickly brushed off by the boy. He would walk the other way at the sight of you, even if he needed to be somewhere.

It was really getting you down.

Soon the day was over. People ran through the corridors like hooligans. You were being jolted all over the place by the people intent on getting out. (A/N- Is this just something that happens in Britain? Seriously, it's terrifying, especially for a social recluse like me.)

Suddenly, you felt the floor beneath you disappear. You were falling face first towards the tiles where your feet had been.

You closed your eyes, preparing for the impact.

But it never came.

Two arms wrapped around you, holding you up from the floor. You stood yourself up properly and turned around to show your saviour.

"Kei? You actually do love me?!" (Ha you thought. I'm so mean. MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!)

"Maybe a little."

"Wow, that's the most you have ever admitted it."

"Shut up. Well. Are you going to thank me for saving your life?"

"Thank you, Kei."

"You're welcome, shortie."

You sent your cousin a death glare. He still didn't understand 'respect your elders'.

The crowd had died down a bit so you headed for the door but someone called your name.

Damn, I'm popular today.

You turned around to see Sugawara coming towards you.

"Hey, Y/N. Since we're on break, Daichi and I have organised a beach trip for the team in a few weeks and since you are a good friend of the team's, we were hoping that you would be able to come. It'll be a three day trip."

"I would love to! Of course I'll have to get the green light off my parents. I'll text you their answer tonight."

"Great. Have a good Summer, Y/N."

"You too, Suga."

The sun was warm against your skin as you were walking the familiar route to your home.

That night you told your parents about the trip to the beach. They took a bit of convincing again but they trusted you. You text Sugawara and he was so happy that you could come.