° A Confession °

You awoke to the sound of your phone ringing.

The caller ID showed that it was Kei. You pressed the green button.

"It's too early, what could be so important that you have to wake me up from my peaceful slumber?"

"Y/N, it's almost one o'clock."

"Shush."

"Anyway, can you meet me at the park, I need your help."

"Of course! I'll be there as soon as possible."

"Thanks."

Once you were dressed, you grabbed yourself some breakfast and told your parents where you were going.

The early June sun was warm on your skin and there were barely any clouds in the sky.

The park was pretty much equidistant from Kei's and your houses. You got there and instantly found him sat underneath a tree, listening to his music.

Quickly, you ran up to him and tapped him on the shoulder.

Reluctantly, he removed his headphones and looked at you as you sat beside him.

"What did you need help with?"

"I'm gonna do it, today."

"Do what?"

"I'm gonna tell him."

You threw your arms around him which he really wasn't appreciative of.

"OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!"

"Yeah, yeah, can you remove yourself from me now."

You let go of him.

"Can I be your wingman?"

"Hell nah."

"Why not?"

"You'll embarrass me."

"Oh, come on."

He rolled his eyes at you.

"Well, I wish you luck!"

You got up and left, leaving Kei there under the tree.

Kei's POV

I text him, telling him that I was coming to pick him up. We had organised to meet today anyway.

As I walked up the drive to the front door, my heart rate was increasing with every step.

I knocked on the door and it was soon opened.

"Hey, Tsukki!"

"Hey, Yamaguchi."

(A/N- I had to, it's my Haikyuu!! OTP. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

We walked down to the lake where we often spent time together, it was calming and the look of wonder on Yamaguchi's face is just adorable.

As we sat on the bench, my heart managed to beat even faster. Any faster and it would probably burst out of my chest.

"Hey, Yama."

He turned towards me. His eyes seemed to sparkle as he did so.

"Yes, Tsukki."

Okay, Kei, you can do this, it's only four words.

"I- I..."

He placed his hand on my shoulder. I instantly burned up.

"Go on, you can say it."

"I really like you, Yamaguchi."

"Well, I would hope so, we are best friends after all."

He turned to face the pond again but I stopped him and pulled his face to be looking at mine again.

"No, I mean I love you. In a more than friendly way."

"Wait, really?"

I nodded. Suddenly, he threw his arms around me and buried his head into my shoulder.

"I love you too, Kei." He whispered into my ear.

I felt myself get even redder at the use of my given name.

Slowly, he pulled away to look me in the eyes. Our faces were inches apart.

I moved my hand to his cheek and pulled his face up to meet mine.

It was magical. It felt as if, in that moment, we were the only ones left in the world.

I wish we could have stayed in that moment forever.

"I love you, Tadashi."

Hi! I know it's short but I hope that you enjoyed that little bit of Tsukiyama there. Just to let you know, I'm gonna be writing another fic along side this so updated may become a little slower. Hope you're okay and staying safe!

-H xx