Chapter 099

ALEXINA'S POINT OF VIEW

"Kailangan ba namin pumunta diyan?" Rose asked.

Ka-video call ko ang mga kaibigan ko ngayon. It's been 5 months since I decided to go back in Waterloo. Kasama kong bumalik si Nero.

Si Dakari... hindi namin alam kung nasaan.

Graduation na namin next week at kaliwa't kanan na ang parties sa loob o kahit sa labas ng campus. Nagpapasalamat kami kay Carter dahil marami siyang kakilalang jocks at mga sororities na nagpa-party.

Hindi ako gaanong umiinom dahil hindi ko naman na gaanong nagugustuhan ang pag-iinom. Inaalagaan ko na lang ang mga kaibigan ko after namin maki-party.

"Guys," Violet called us.

May ginagawa ako sa aking laptop nang tumawag si Violet. Nag-angat ako ng tingin, ganoon din ang iba.

"What is it?" Tanong ni Carter na abala sa pagkukulay ng kaniyang buhok.

"I think..." Violet trailed off.

She can't look us in the eyes and she's playing with her pinky finger. She looks terrified and at the same time nervous.

"You think, what?" I asked.

She then, slowly looked at me and her tears rush down quickly. Kinabahan ako.

"Hey," Margaret approached her and let her sit on the bed.

"I think I'm... pregnant," she whispered and continued to cry.

The three of us looked at each other with  an evident shock in our eyes. We tried to make her calm but she's worrying.

"I'm sorry to ask this but... who is the father?" Carter asked minutes after all of us were silent.

Violet is still crying when she slowly looked at me. Why is she looking at me? Am I the father?

"Dakari and I met last... last week," she said with her trembling voice.

Walang ibang pumasok sa isip ko kundi si South. Akala ko ba'y sila? At pinangakuan niya pa ata itong si South.

"H-How?" That's all I can ask.

I can't believe this is happening. It's like a twisted fate.

Ngunit nangibabaw ang galit ko kay Dakari. Did he cheat with Violet?

"I'm sorry, I cheated with him. Forgive me, Alexina," she said and hugged me.

My eyes are rapidly blinking because of disbelief.

"Tell that to my friend, South Aragon. I don't know, Violet... I-I mean, do you know that Dakari has—"

"Yes, h-he told me. I-It was my fault, I still have the chance to say no to him b-but I never did!" She cried again.

"You have the chance, Violet! The chance! We don't want you... what the fucking hell, Violet?!" Carter shouted.

Among all of us, Carter, is the most conservative but sophisticated woman. She follows her parents' orders since she will be the one who will handle the Company her Dad have.

"Aren't you being too harsh, Carter? We will settle this problem calmly so get your shit together," Margaret said.

"I just don't want her to be a mistress!" She said before she sat down on the carpeted floor.

I can't think of words. Nakatulala lang ako sa kanila habang nag-uusap sila sa gagawin nila.

Hindi pa kami tapos sa pag-uusap nang may tumawag sa cellphone ko. Pare-pareho kaming napalingon doon. At nakitang ang tumatawag ay si Dakari.