Part 1

Oscar's p.o.v

(after killing Cuchillos)

After a whole year of dealing with the shit Cuchillos put me and my brother through, I realised that I don't want to be in this gang life anymore. I just don't know how I'm going to start this new life. I flicked my cigarette into the grass and went inside the house.

Cesar and his friends were sitting at the table talking as I walked past them. "Hey Mano, the love of your life is coming back to Freeridge." Cesar said, grinning wide as hell. "So y'all are telling me my sweet angel Santana, was in love with Oscar? How?" Jamal asked. I mean mugged him. Sometimes I really wanna choke the shit out of this kid. "Oh yeah, they were really in love, like they were talking about marriage type in love"  Cesar answered. "But then she decided to go to College, Oscar got mad and told her to not come back to Freeridge and ever since then my cousin has never come to visit."  Ruby added, glaring at me.  I grabbed a beer out of the fridge. "I never really meant that." I said walking to my room. I laid back on my bed thinking about Santana. The way I ended our relationship was so selfish and stupid. I wish I could take everything back.

Flashback -

"Oscar!" Santana yelled running across the street from her house over to me.  She was overly excited. "What are you so excited for, Bebe?"  I asked, putting my hands on her hips. " I just got a full ride scholarship from my dream college!" She told me with the biggest smile on her face. "You're still on this college shit?"  Her smile disappeared.  "Oscar, this is something I've wanted for a really long time." She said looking down at the ground.  I took my hands off her hips "So what about us, huh? You're just gonna leave me?" I asked her.  " No! Babe it's not that far away, I'll come back every weekend and break." She said, trying to grab my hand. I pulled my hand away. "That's not enough Santana. You don't think once you leave that things are gonna change between us?"  Tears started to build up in her eyes. " I love you and I wouldn't let anything get between us. Why can't you be supportive?  Don't you want a better future for us?"  she asked.  I looked past her. " If you leave don't come back to Freeridge."  I said starting to walk away.  " Don't do this to me Oscar."  Once I got to my door I turned around. "Go home Santana."  I walked inside my house and that was the last time we talked to each other.

End of flashback -

"Fuck" I said under my breath. " You still think about her Osc?"  Cesar said walking into my room.  I just nodded my head.  " Maybe when she comes back you can fix things."  He said. " Cesar, it's been four years and she's never come back. She thinks I hate her. Plus, she probably doesn't feel the same anymore. She probably got a new man too." I told him lowkey getting in my feelings. "Well, Ruby told me she hasn't been in a real relationship since the breakup."  I sat up. " Forreal?"  I asked, getting hopeful. " Yeah, so maybe there's a chance to at least be friends." He said.  "Yeah, maybe." I said laying back down.

    Santana's pov

    "Girl can we take a break from packing your stuff? I'm so tired." my best friend Maria asked. I'm so glad she came to help me move out. "Yeah, I'm tired too."  I said laying on the floor.

  "So are you ready to come back home?" She asked. "Yeah, I miss my family and my little babies."  I said. "Oh you mean the kids and Spooky?" She said. I rolled my eyes. "You're so messy."  She laid on the floor beside me. "Girl, you know that's the love of your life. Stop playin".  I nudged her. "He was the love of my life, but all that's over with. He cared more about the hood and the Santos than our relationship.He's only got love for the streets." I told her as I played with my nails. "Word on the street is that he's gonna step down from the Santos." Maria said. I squinted at her. "Oscar Diaz leaving the Santos? You're lying dude." I said. She smacked my arm. "I'm not lying! They're saying he's tired of the gang shit."  I sat up.

"I highly doubt it but whatever, I'm hungry. Wanna go get some food?" I asked Maria. " Bitch you know I want some food." She said getting up.  While we got something to eat the thought of Oscar was still in my mind.

I would be lying if I said I didn't love him anymore. It's hard to move on when you've spent your whole life with someone. Oscar was my best friend, he protected me and always made sure I was okay.  I shouldn't even be sitting here thinking about him, from what I've heard he moved on pretty quickly. Now only if I could move on.