Part 14

Santana's pov
I've tried so hard to focus on our date but my mind couldn't stop going back to my mom. Why is she calling me now? After all these years? She never wanted me in the first place why is she trying to reach out now?

My abuelita says my mom adored me when I was first born but all throughout my childhood, I could tell she didn't want me. She never tried to have a relationship with me. The only reason she stayed around was because of my dad because as soon as he passed away, she left me without saying a word.

"Are you okay baby? Do you want to talk about it?" Oscar asked, taking me out of my thoughts. "I'm fine, it's just weird." I said, snuggling into his side. He kissed my cheek as he wrapped his arms around me. "You know I'm always here for you, right?" He said. I nodded my head. Being in his arms made me forget about my mom. I looked up at him. He's so beautiful.

"Why are you staring at me?" He said with a little smile on his face. "Because you're cute." I said playing with his chin hair.  He shook his head , "I don't think anyone would say a big scary cholo is cute." He said.

Oscar gets insecure sometimes, there's moments where he doubts himself and doubts that he's enough for me or he's not good enough. I could see that this was one of those moments. I cupped his cheek, "Stop thinking like that mi amor" I told him. "It's just that you deserve more, you're smart and you got it together. You deserve someone who matches that and I don't. I ain't shit." He said.

"I wish you could see yourself through my eyes, you're so much more than what you think you are. You know that you're more than Spooky to me, in my eyes you're Oscar, the sweet and loving person that I fell in love with. You are so smart and beautiful inside and out, I wish you could see it. I've been in love with you my whole life Oscar Diaz, why would I stop now. " I told him.

Oscar has changed so much in the past few months, but he still sees himself as Spooky and it bothers him a lot. "I'm sorry baby, it's just hard to see that sometimes." He said, playing with my hand. "That's where I come in, I'll remind you until you get annoyed with me, even after that I'll still remind you." I told him. He smiled, "I love you so much" he said. I grabbed his face and kissed him. "I love you too, and if you talk about yourself like that again I'll beat your ass." I said pulling away and playfully punching his chest. He laughed and pulled me into him.

He pulled the blanket over his shoulders, covering my head because of our height difference. I pulled the blanket back down and glared at him. He laughed and kissed my forehead.

Oscar's pov
At the end of the 2nd movie Santana fell asleep. "Bebe, wake up." I said lightly shaking her. "I'm up." She said slightly annoyed. She hates getting woken up out of her sleep.  "The movie is over, we gotta go home." I told her. "Pick me up babe, please." She said holding her arms out. "You're such a brat." I said picking her up. "You love it though" she said back. Not gonna lie I do love her little bratty ass. As I put her in the passenger seat she gave me a kiss on the cheek before we made our way home.

Pulling up to the house I saw two people standing on the porch. "Who the fuck is on the porch?" I said as I parked the car in the driveway. Santana squinted, "it's my mom." She said rolling her eyes. "Who's the guy?" I asked. "I have no clue." She said. "Ugh, i just wanted to cuddle and sleep and now I have to deal with this." She said as she took off her seatbelt. I went to go open the door for her.

"Santana?" Her mom said as soon as Santana got out the car. "Letty." Santana said in a cold tone. "I've been trying to contact you all day." Her mom said. "Oh, I know." Santana replied. Holy shit. I've never seen her act like this, it's kinda hot. "Santana, that's no way you should talk to your mom!" The guy said. As he stepped closer he kinda looked like her dad. "Who the hell are you?" Santana said. My eyes widened. My sweet little girlfriend is being hella mean. "Santana baby, this is your dad." Her mom said. Shit just got really weird really quick. "One, don't call me baby like you actually gave a shit about me. Two, I don't know what drugs you are on, but my dads dead if you don't recall abandoning me right after the funeral." Santana said.

The guy got closer and I pulled Santana back, I didn't know his intentions and this situation was weird. "Who ar- wait, you're Ray's kid aren't you?" He said stepping up to me. Damn, this actually might be her dad. I nodded my head, not really wanting to answer. "How do you know his dad?" Santana asked, still not convinced that he's her dad. "Because we raised you two together. Remember the Saturday sleepovers and getting ice cream on Sundays?" He said. He pulled out his wallet to show a baby picture of Santana and a keychain that she made for him. Santana stared at him for a while. "So you faked your death and abandoned your child for what? So you and Letty could live it up while I depended on my grandma and my best friend and boyfriend to take care of me? Do you understand how I felt? I felt like such a burden to my grandma and Oscar because they shouldn't have had to that because that's what my parents should have been doing!" Santana said. They were silent. "I don't want anything to do with either of you, please leave." She said, walking to the house.

I followed her into the house. She went to the bedroom and into the bathroom. I heard little sniffles coming from her. "Baby, open the door." I told her. She opened the door and I saw her tear stained face. I sat her down on the sink and wiped her tears. "Ugh, I'm such a baby" she said. "No you're not, it's okay to cry, it's a lot mi amor." I said, rubbing her back.  I tilted her head up so she was looking at me. "And never think you were a burden to me, if I had to do it all over again I would do it in a heartbeat." I told her. She wrapped her arms around me, "I love you so much Oscar" she said. I kissed her forehead, "I love you too" I told her. I handed her one of my shirts, "now get ready for bed so we can cuddle." I said, knowing that cuddling would make her feel better. She had a small smile on her face as I walked out the bathroom. She came back to the room in my shirt.

"Come here." I told her, patting the spot next to me on the bed. She laid next to me with her head on my chest. She gave me a quick kiss before laying her head back down. "Thank you for always being good to me" she said playing with my chain. "don't thank me for doing shit that's supposed to be done." I told her. "I know but I just appreciate everything you do for me." She said, yawning at the end of her sentence. "Go to sleep baby." I said rubbing her back. As she started to fall asleep I kissed her cheek.