Part 4

Santana's pov

"Oscar be nice to Jamal!" I said from the kitchen. They've been arguing over ghosts for a cool five minutes. "It would help if he wasn't so damn annoying." Oscar said coming into the kitchen. "Santana! Baldy is still being mean to me!" Jamal said. I laughed a little which caused Oscar to nudge me. "If y'all could please be nice to each other for the rest of the movie night that would be great." I said smacking Oscars hands away from the snacks that Jasmine and I were preparing.

"Please, all you guys do is argue and it shouldn't be that hard to not talk to each other since we're going to be watching movies." Cesar said. I nodded in agreement. "But it's Jamal, he's always running his dumb ass mouth." Oscar said. "See! It's always him that starts the shit!" Jamal exclaimed. "Oh my God, both of you act like an old married couple." I said.

"Hey Santana, I have a question for you." Jasmine said. "Alright, what's up?" I said, finally giving Oscar the cookie he keeps trying to grab. He kissed my forehead before sitting on a stool and eating the cookie. "So, if your dad was a santo, wouldn't that make you a chola?" she said. Oscar laughed because he knew I was the farthest thing from a chola. "No, everyone knew I wasn't chola material so I'm just protected. I'm too soft and nice to be a chola. Some of my primas are in the santos though." I answered. "Awe, If you said yes I was going to ask if you had a cool chola nickname." Jasmine said. "The cholas gave her a nickname though, it was Angelita because she was always too sweet and nice to ever do gang shit." Oscar said. I rolled my eyes. They used to tease me with that name because I came from a bloodline of Santos yet I was too much of a good girl to be one. "It's not a bad thing prima, you march to your own beat." Ruby said grabbing bowls of chips to put in the living room. "I think it's cute." Oscar said.

"The biggest question still hasn't been answered, how'd you end up with that?" Jamal said pointing to Oscar. "You guys really can't stop being mean to each other can you?" I said, putting down snacks on the coffee table in the living room. "It's kind of our thing." Jamal answered.

Jasmine, Ruby, Oscar and I brought blankets and pillows to the living room. Oscar pulled me close to him and we shared a blanket. "So, what should we watch first?" I asked, grabbing the bowl of hot cheetos. Everyone blurted out random movie genres. "We should get scary movies out the way." Jamal said. "Because you're scared." Cesar teased him. I handed the remote to Cesar letting him pick out the movie.

It was 11:30 pm and Jamal and Jasmine were already asleep. Cesar was texting someone during the movie we were currently watching. I laid my head against Oscar's chest while he had his arm wrapped around me. I really missed this.

"Hey, I gotta go." Cesar said, taking me out of my thoughts. "What? Where are you going?" I asked him. He gave me a hug. "The homies need me. We'll hang out later I promise." He said. When he said that my heart broke a little, I didn't want him to do any Santos work. The last time we talked before I came home he wanted nothing to do with the Santos, he wanted to go to college and make a better life for himself. It's crazy how everything changed. "Be safe please." I said hugging him back. I turned to Oscar who looked angry. He followed Cesar outside. After a while you could hear them arguing.

I guess Ruby could see that I was a little upset because he got up and hugged me. "I'm so confused." I told Ruby. "I know prima, we all are. We put our lives on the line for him to get out of this shit, just for him to go back in it. It just doesn't make any sense. Ever since Monse left and Oscar wanting to leave the Santos he's changed. He blames it all on Oscar too, which is kind of fucked up. Oscar almost died trying to save us from Cuchillos and Cesar acts like everything is Oscars fault." Ruby said. 

Oscar walked back in the house. "Well, I'm going to sleep, good night." Ruby said laying down.  I looked at Oscar and I could tell that he was angry and upset. I grabbed his hand and led him to my bedroom. I shut the door silently to make sure I didn't wake up the kids. "What's going on Oscar?" I said softly. We both sat down on my bed. "I don't know, he acts like he hates me now that I'm not fighting for my spot in the Santos anymore. He's changing in a way that's not good for him. He wants to be in The Santos. I'm so used to protecting him, but what if I can't protect him anymore? I don't want to lose him." He said as he started to cry.

I got up from my spot and held him as he cried into my neck. "Oscar, everything will be okay. He's a teenager and he's going through a lot. He's going to start acting out but he'll get his head on straight sooner or later. We just have to show him that this isn't the life he wants." I said rubbing his back. 

He slowly started to calm down from his crying. He picked his head up from my neck and stared at me. I wiped his tears from his face. "Everything's going to be okay, I promise." I told him. He smiled and tackled me onto the bed. We got into a comfortable cuddling position with my head on his chest and his arm wrapped around my waist. "I love you mi Angelita, even as besties." Oscar said. "I love you too, papasito." I told him as I started to fall asleep to his heartbeat.