Chater 9: Hostile Takeover

It's a hot, dry day, as the sun rises over the Pride Lands. Fuli is walking to Rafiki's tree to check on Kion, and the outsider. She was confused as to why Kion would push himself so hard just to save some banished lioness, a lioness who followed Scar. She remembered that Kion knew the lionesses name, Vitani. The name didn't ring a bell, although no outlander's name would have. She finds herself at the foot of Rafiki's tree, she calls out to Rafiki only to find Makini responding.

"Here to check on Kion? He just woke up, head on up. And by the way, Rafiki is out collecting more berries and healing herbs, so it's just me here." Fuli nods in understanding and she makes her way up the tree. When she's about to reach the entrance, she hears Kion's laugh, as well as an unfamiliar one. 'Must be the outsider,' she thinks to herself. As she enters, she sees Kion and Vitani are both awake, and have a friendly conversation. Kion notices Fuli and quickly turns to face her with a smile.

"Hey Fuli, It's nice to see you."

"Same, glad you're ok. And who's the outsider?" She knew her name, but she still asked.

"I'm Vitani, thank you for asking." Fuli shoots her a dirty look before looking back to Kion.

"Are you sure you can trust her?"

Kion's nods, "with my life, remember about a year ago when I went missing for 2 days?" Fuli nods and recalls the memories, the entire Pride Lands spent two days searching for Kion, and when they were about to give up, he was found at Hakuna Matata Falls by Bunga, Timon, and Pumbaa, completely unharmed. He said that he was there the entire time, and he told everyone that he was there, but no one seemed to remember. Eventually everyone dropped the whole situation and was just glad to have Kion back. "Yea well, if you couldn't tell, my excuse was a complete lie, and I'm surprised you all believed me, or at least stopped asking me questions, anyway, what actually happened was I was saving a few hyraxes from a rock slide, and one the rocks knocked me into the outlands. I sprain my paw and could barely walk. Thankfully, Vitani was nearby, and she helped keep me hidden from the other Outlanders. She brought me healing herbs, and kept me company here and there. I still don't know why she helped, but I'm thankful for it." He smiles at Vitani who gives him one of her rare genuine smiles back. "During my time in the Outlands, Vitani taught me a few tricks that I still use today, like how to get out a few pins, and how to correctly counter an attack. We got pretty close, and I was definitely sad to see her go. We met up a few times after that, but decided it was too risky to see each other so often, so I've only seen her 3 times since the incident."

"Oh, I see," says Fuli. She begins to feel a bit of jealousy build up in her, but she doesn't why.

"Oh and Vitani got kicked out of her pride, so I'm going to ask my dad if she can stay with us."

"She's staying?"

"Maybe, why?" Fuli's jealousy began to take control of her. Fuli thought that Kion would spend all his time with Vitani, and not leave anytime for her. All their late night walks and star gazing would be over, and she would only see him on patrol. For once in her life, Fuli became flustered, unable to articulate her thoughts.

"But Kion what about...when will...will I...fine forget it." She quickly turns and heads toward the exit.

"Fuli wait." But Fuli kept walking, as she felt a stinging sensation in her eyes. She rubbed her eyes to try and stop the feeling, but no success. She was at the foot of the tree about to begin running before she felt a paw on her shoulder.

"Fuli." She knew it was Kion. His voice was full of concern.

"What do you want Kion?" She didn't turn to face him, but decided to listen.