Destiny (Part 2)

"Kiara!" Kion yelled with a huge grin as he ran to embrace his sister.

"I've missed you so much, at first I didn't recognize you but you're still wearing the necklace I gave you. You've changed so much little brother."

"I'm not so little anymore," he joked as he was now ever so slightly taller than his sister.

"I guess not," he heard another voice say. He looked up to see his mom mother enter the clearing as well.

"Mom!" He cried out as he quickly moved over to his mother, who gave him a loving nuzzle. "I missed you so much."

"We've missed you, Kion," Nala replied with a huge smile. Kovu and Vitani also broke into the clearing, and he greeted them with genuine smiles.

"Guys, I'd like you to meet Afya," he said while motioning to the tiger behind him. "She's done nothing but good for me, she's like another sister."

"So you've replaced me? Kiara teases with a smirk.

"Of course not, but I do have options" Kion returned with a genuine smile. He paused and looked around, as if he was looking for something, or someone. "Where's Fuli?"

Everyone's smile disappeared, and they began looking at each other, hoping someone else would answer, finally Kiara stepped forward.

"Kion...Fuli's joined Scar," she finally managed to get out. Kion's smile somehow held, they were joking right?

"This is some kind of joke right?" He nervously chuckled. But as he searched the faces of those around him, he realized that no one was laughing. "Why would she join him?"

"We don't know, but we do know they still have Simba, as well as Jasiri and the rest of the guard," Nala informed her son.

"Them too?" Kion replied in disbelief. "This is all my fault."

"That's why we came back, Kion, remember? You can make things right, you can save your father, Fuli, Jasiri, and the rest of the guard," Afya reminded him as she came up beside him.

"She's right," Vitani said as she moved closer. "I'm willing to fight with you."

"We all are," Kovu said as he stepped forward as well.

"Looks like we know what we have to do," Kion said confidently.

"I can help," the purple bird volunteered.

"So can I," another voice called out. Kion looked over to Ono standing next to Rafiki, Tiffu, and Zuri.

"Ono, you're alive?" Kion asked with a half smile on his face.

"Affirmative," the egret simply replied.

"But I..."

"Not now Kion," Rafiki said, cutting off the prince and swift bonk on his head. "Right now we need to hurry, de longer Scar lives, de more powerful he grows, and de more danger the others are in."

"Then we leave now, if we strike soon, maybe Scar won't expect it," Kion Suggested.

"That might work, but we won't have any support from the Pride Landers, Scar has a death grip on them," Nala reminded.

"Don't worry, we got this," Kion replied confidently.

"Ono, do you know any caves that lead into the Volcano?" Vitani asked.

"Well, we can't go back the way we came, but there is a tunnel that should take you to Outlands."

"Looks like we have a plan. Let's get going, lead the way Ono," Kion commanded.