Part 2-Chapter 3: Revelations Pt. 1

"Afya?" Asked Kion. He was scared of the answer he was going to get but had to know. Afya's breathing was still labored. She now had a paw on her head and her eyes closed. After a few seconds her breathing went back to normal and she slowly opened her eyes. "Afya?" He asked again with a much more cautious tone.

"I... I didn't know it would feel so real. I felt like I was you. I felt what you felt, thought what you thought. I saw the watering hole with Kovu and your sister. I listened to Rafiki's story about Ukail. I saw your nightmares. Even the incident at the mud pool with Kiara. I'm..I'm so sorry Kion." She pulled Kion into an embrace, somewhat calming Kion down.

"You're not...upset?" Ask Kion.

"Upset? Upset about what?"

"That I never told you about it."

"How could I be? If I had something like that, I don't know if I could tell anyone about that. And technically, I kept my power a secret from you too."

"Yea, but your power doesn't have the potential to kill everyone you know and love, mine does."

"I'm sorry, I wish I could help."

"Afya, you have helped. If it wasn't for you, I may not even be here. You gave me food, shelter, and a friend. I can't thank you enough." Afya smiled at hearing his words. She felt proud to have done so much for Kion, and unknowingly to her, helped him.

"Anything for you Kion. Now not to ruin the moment, but have to go get something for you, I'll be right back." She shoots him one of her cute smiles before exiting. He couldn't help but smile at her as she left the house, thinking of what an amazing friend she was to him, and how lucky he was. It wasn't long before she returned with some sort of item made from sticks and tied together with some vine.

"What is that?" He asks, curious about the item.

"This is called a splint. It will keep your broken leg in place so It can heal correctly."

"How did you make that?"

"It's a secret," she giggles. She slides the splint up Kion's leg and pulls the vines so it's snug around his leg. "That should do it, try walking." Kion gently gets off the bed. He then applied pressure on his broken leg, and realized that the split makes it so his paw is just barely above the ground.

"Wow, It doesn't hurt, this is amazing, " he says, surprised.

"I know right, the splint takes all of the pressure off your leg so you can still move around. Of course no running, jumping or climbing, the splint is not indestructible."

"Thanks Afya, i'll take it easy, don't worry," said with a reassuring smile.

"Um..hello?" A voice calls from outside the house.

"Come in," Kion and Afya day in sync. They see Amini enter the house with a certain demeanor, not like her usual up beat one.

"Everything ok?" Ask Kion.

"Um...yea, I just wanted to say thank you for saving me from Tong earlier. If there is anything I..." she was cut off by Kion.

"Hakuna Matata Amini," he replies.

"Haku-what?" She asked, confused. As soon as she asked that question, Kion could hear the song begin to play in his head, and he just had to sing it.

"Hakuna Matata!
What a wonderful phrase
Hakuna Matata!
Ain't no passing craze
It means no worries
For the rest of your days
It's our problem-free philosophy
Hakuna Matata!"

When he finishes singing he looks back at the two tigers who both have surprised looks on their faces. He blushes from embarrassment as he looks at the ground.