Chapter 11: The Darkest Day

The sun rises as another day in the Pride Lands is beginning. Kion awakes after a long night of rest. He looks down at the cheetah that is held in his grasp, wrapped up close to him. He smiles, feeling her soft, smooth fur against his own. He slips out from the embrace, stretching out after a long night's sleep. He takes a quick drink from the watering hole before doing a few quick laps around the watering hole. As he finished his 5th lap, he heard a sleepy voice tease him.

"Those were pretty slow." Kion turns to face Fuli, who has a teasing look on her face.

"Why don't you get over here and show me how it's done?" Kion taunts back, making her roll her eyes. She stands and stretches, before walking over to Kion and lines up where left off. Kion begins to count down. "Three, two, one..."

"Go!" Fuli yells as she takes off, leaving a cloud of dust behind her. Kion covers his face to block the dust, as he uncovers his face, he sees a blur of yellow flash in front of him. He blinks and sees another blur of yellow streak by him again, and again, and again and again. The blur stops right in front of Kion, leaving another dust cloud. As the dust settles, he sees Fuli sitting there, just licking her fur. Kion had never seen Fuli run so fast, ever. Fuli walks over to him, and closes his mouth that was wide open.

"Don't act so surprised, I'm just the fastest in the Pride Lands." She leaves the lion just sitting there in awh, still trying to understand what he just saw. As he's about to follow Fuli, he feels a slight pain in his scar, it wasn't much, but It was enough to draw attention from Fuli.

"Kion your scar, are you ok?"

"Yea I'm fine, it hasn't hurt in awhile."

"Have you been eating your Tuliza?"

"Yes I have, every day since...well you remember." They both let out a quick laugh before returning to the conversation.

"We should probably make that journey to the tree of life soon," Fuli says.

"We can't, with Kovu taking over the watering hole, we still have to find a watering hole for the zebra and Antelope herds."

"You're right, and we still have to tell the guard about Ono," she says, her tone saddening. Kion looks down to the ground, knowing that he is the one that will have to break the news.

"Yea, it's about time we tell them, I hope they'll be ok."

"Me too Kion."

Kovu runs into the volcano, still mentally scarred from the fight with Kion.  As he enters, Zira and Scar are already talking. They turn to look at him, Zira with a concerned face, Scar with a smile.

"Kovu, Scar told me what happened, are you ok?" Cries Zira. Kovu nods and is somewhat surprised, his mom has never shown any care or compassion for him. He looks up at Scar who has a somewhat smile.

"How did you know what happened?" Questions Kovu.

"When you choose to get the...changes to your mind...you gave me more control over you as well. I can see where you are at all times, I can feel your emotions, and can even send messages telepathically," explains Scar. Kovu looked a bit surprised, but he didn't really care right now.

"So then you saw what happened? With Kiara and Kion?" Ask Kovu. Scar nods yes with a smile. "Then you already have a plan for both I assume? I still love Kiara but I might've lost her." Scar nods once again, his grin growing.

"We can deal with Kiara when Zira's lion returns with the fruit from the Tree of Life, then I will have the power to...change her mind on how she feels about you, but honestly, you might still have her heart, I feel she may still have a soft spot for you. As for Kion, I saw everything, the red eyes, his unusual voice , and the seemingly invincibility he possessed. All these point to Kion being blessed, and cursed, with the Fury of the Ancients. I've already told Zira the story of Ukali, she can tell you about it later. But my plan for Kion is quite simple. The scar he obtained from Ushari has created a link between us, a link that continues to grow stronger the longer it's not dealt with. Even though he takes Tuliza, it's beginning to lose its potency, making it easier to connect with him. It's now possible for me to influence Kion's dreams, and with the power of the fruit from the Tree of Life, I might be able to go as far as influence his emotions negatively. But for now, I will begin to influence his dreams, making him scared of the power he possesses, and scared to be around people he loves and cares about.  And when I get my upgraded powers, I have another plan. But for now, don't engage Kion's family and friends, especially Kiara or Fuli, for if he feels they are threatened, it may very well be the last thing you do. Otherwise, keep taking over watering holes, the crocs should be able to hold their own against the Lion Guard, so the next watering hole will be held by Zira's pride, as they have the numbers to hold off the Lion Guard. Zira, have a 2 lions or lionesses be designated runners, should Simba and Nala mobilize the lionesses, one group might have a problem holding their position, so the runner will get the other group to help defend. You both get everything?" Both Zira and Kovu nod. As Zira leaves the volcano, Kovu stays behind.