10. Hanging Out

I sat at home on a day off. Atticus was over as he had a day off as well. Draco didn't, however, as he had some extra work to do. So it was just Atticus and I. We talked a lot and even cooked a meal together.

"Have you guys done it?" Atticus asked.

I snorted. "Yeah. He's good."

"Like you can't walk the next day or just okay?" Atticus asked.

I rolled my eyes. "I won't tell. But was better than just okay. His body is great."

"I bet," Atticus said. "He's an attractive man."

"Are you trying to steal my man?" I teased.

Atticus laughed. "I would never. You guys are very cute together."

I smiled. "Thanks. I like him a lot. He's a good guy and my parents like him a lot."

"He's met your parents?" Atticus asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. They really like him so that's a good thing, right?"

"Yeah, definitely," Atticus said. "Are you guys going to tie the knot soon?"

I squinted at him. "Did I not tell you? He already popped the question. We're engaged."

"What?!" Atticus exclaimed. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Because it just happened!" I answered. "He proposed after we did it and I agreed because I love him. I don't know when it's going to be but we're technically engaged. I just don't have a ring. I wonder what he'll get me. Hopefully nothing too fancy."

"You deserve something fancy though," Atticus said. "You're beautiful and the two of you went through something together."

I got up. "Do you want anything to eat? I don't want to talk about my wedding anymore."

We went into the kitchen and found some snacks. While we were eating, Draco returned home. He called out my name and I replied from the kitchen. Draco came in dressed in his uniform. He nodded to Atticus and kissed my cheek as a greeting. He smelled of leather and a twinge of sweat.

I rubbed his arm. "How was your day?"

Draco smiled at me. "It was good. Are you hungry?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Atticus, do you want to stay for dinner?"

Atticus nodded. "Sure though I can't stay for too long."

"That's okay," Draco said. "Your company is always welcome here."

Atticus smiled. "Thank you, Captain."

"When you're in my home, it's Draco, not Captain."

Atticus nodded. "Of course, sir."

I started cooking, Draco joining. Atticus helped by setting the table. We chatted as the food cooked. When it was done, I scooped food onto the plates and sat down. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail so it didn't get in the way. We talked as we ate, talking about anything but work.

Once dinner was done, Atticus left. I hugged him goodbye as Draco stayed in the kitchen to do the dishes. Atticus and I had a quieter conversation on the front porch for a few minutes before he finally left. I joined Draco in the kitchen and helped with some dishes. It didn't take too long as Draco had done most of it while I had talked to Atticus.

We went to the yard and sat outside. The evening air felt nice as the day cooled down. The smell of the city drifted past. The city smelled terrible but I loved being there. As I thought about it, I decided that living in the country was a good idea so I brought it up to Draco. We talked about it and decided that at some point in the future, we would move out to the country.

It was late when we finally decided to go to sleep. I discarded my clothes and crawled into bed naked. I was partially covered with blankets when Draco came in with only undergarments on. He smiled and chuckled to himself. He got into bed with me and kissed my cheek. I cuddled up against him and closed my eyes. Draco held me close, kissing my forehead on more time. I smiled a little as I fell asleep.