S C E N A R I O / N I N E

~ LYRICAL BOYS ~

Pulling up into an empty space within the abandoned parking lot, Brian cut the engine to his all-black Mustang as a silence clouded the car. Turning to his boyfriend, Brian sighed heavily. This wasn't how it was supposed to go. They were supposed to get married, to start a family...not give up on each other.

Sal and Brian had been in love for a couple of years now, but tonight, they were enemies. The love that they once held for one another was beginning to sour, turning them against each other with every argument that blew up between them. Things got so bad that Sal had packed his bags and was ready to hop on the last train out of the city that night.

Where he was heading, you ask? He didn't know. But what Sal did know was that he wanted out of this life. Brian had pushed him so far that he no longer saw love in his eyes; now it was betrayal.

Dressed in a white tee, leather jacket, black jeans and heavy boots on his feet, Brian climbed from the car and headed for the trunk. He pulled open the trunk with a heavy heart, collecting Sal's duffle bag from inside and dropping it down onto the concrete floor at their feet.

Looking up, chocolate eyes met with forest hazel; the contact only pushing the dagger deeper through Sal's heart. He didn't want to have to leave, but it was his only choice. He loved Brian with every part of his being, but Sal knew how bad the man was for him. He was toxic. Abusive. Just to name a few.

Sal always knew that falling for the neighbourhood bad boy was an inevitable fate of heartache and despair, but he was drawn into him. Brian had a way about him that made it so hard to just say no; pleading eyes and a crooked smile that was to die for. Sal threw the hood to his zipped-hoodie over his head, sighing despondently with regret.

"I'm going to miss my train if I don't leave soon," He expressed quietly, catching Brian's emotionless stare tweak to sadness momentarily.

"Please don't go," Brian whispered desperately. "I never meant to hurt you the way that I did."

Stepping closer, Brian let his hand gently grace the bruising down Sal's cheek, sorrow etched in his chest. "I want to change."

"I have to go..." Sal sniffled, pulling out of the man's reach at the burning of his wounds. "You hurt me, Brian. I can't stay here when you're like a ticking time-bomb, ready to explode at any second."

"But I love you," Brian whimpered.

"I love you, too," Sal was tearful, feeling a single tear begin to sting its way down his face. "But you need to change."

Brian nodded his head, not denying that his actions had been taken too far and it was too late for false promises and apologies. "Your words cut deeper than a knife. That's not love. I don't know what changed, what I ever did wrong for you to seek out a revenge that I never deserved."

Brian listened properly for the first time in a long time. He understood how much his actions had affected Sal. Studying the cuts and bruises lining his lover's face, Brian regretted every single infliction that he had ever left on Sal's skin. They were reminders of bad nights, of cut-throat arguments.

"Your easy smiles and gentle teasing strung my heart and blinded my eyes. I overlooked your veering lies and shady actions and glanced the other way when you enjoyed the company of others when I was in the next room." Sal bawled as Brian listened, fighting every urge to join his lover in his cries.

"I know." He agreed. "I'm an asshole."

Brian brought his arms to loop around Sal's waist and pulled him closer. Sal didn't fight it; he couldn't decline the offer when the feeling of being wrapped up in Brian's chest was his kryptonite. A weakness that he would fall for every single time that he would get chance to.

Shushing him and rubbing small circles at his upper back, Brian consoled the man, feeling Sal cry into his shoulder. This was a hard decision to make; Brian didn't want to have to let Sal go, but he knew that things weren't fair. Sal deserved time away to mull things over.

"Please come back to me," Brian begged just above a whisper; his eyes glass-like as the tears began to form. "I'll be waiting for you."

"I can't promise anything," Sal frowned, breaking away slightly to look the man in his eyes.

He peered down to his watch, seeing that he had ten minutes to get to the station and catch his train if he ever wanted to leave this godforsaken city. "I have to go."

"Baby, wait," Brian was fighting every second that counted down until Sal would be out of reach. "Just one more time."

He closed the gap between them, pressing Sal against the side of the car and allowing his groin to meet with his own. Sal could see the desperation across Brian's face. "I need to feel you...hold you...love you one last time."

Swallowing hard, Sal tried to fight the urge at the feel of Brian's hands slipping down his sides, before groping at his hips. He kissed a captivating trail down his cheeks and jaw, soon slipping into the curve of his neck, as Sal tilted his head to the side to allow better access.

Brian was growing hungry with his approach, grasping ferociously at the cotton material that was blocking his way. His hands slipped beneath his hoodie, letting his fingertips touch over the roughness of Sal's skin, sending a ripple of pleasure up the man's spine.

A small whine came pouring passed his lips, as Brian let his smirk sear into his skin, leaving a line of marks between the bruises that already stained the flesh. He was soft and gentle, yet enticing in his ways. Sal couldn't fight him any longer if he was ever going to leave.

"Brian, no." He defended, pushing the stronger of the two away from him. "You can't just win me back by trying to fuck me."

"It's the only way I know how," Brian frowned.

"This time it's not going to work." Sal explained regretfully. "I need to see a change in you before I even contemplate whatever we are."

"But—"

"Goodbye, Brian." Sal sighed, turning and heading for the train station.

"He'll be back." Brian told himself as he looked on with tears in his eyes, watching Sal get smaller and smaller the further away that he got from him.

Sniffling lightly, Brian was soon smirking as he peered down to the cell phone clasped in the palm of his hand that he had stolen out of Sal's back pocket. "He can't survive long without his phone."