chapter 20

LUNA POV

i'm singing my original song i wrote awhile ago in new york. it's called 'i hate you, i love you'
luna: hey hamburg!! i'm going to sing an original song i wrote. it's called 'i hate you, i love you' it's kinda a slow, sappy song, but i hope you still enjoy it.
the soft soundtrack started playing, and i saw the arena light up blue, it felt nice, it was a peaceful vibe.

luna: feeling used, but i'm still missing you, and i can't see the end of this. just wanna feel your kiss again, and now all this time is passing by. but i still can't seem to tell you why. it hurts me every time i see you, realise how much i need you. i hate you, i love you, i hate that i love you.

at this point i was starting to get emotional, but i was able to push through the song, and finish it. the audience clapped and i gave the crowd a wide smile, and gave eben a high five as he walked past me to go on stage. zach gave me a hug once i got up to him and i cried into his shoulder. there's something about my past that these boys don't know about. the story about my ex boyfriend, the person the song is based around.....

DANIEL POV

while luna was singing her song, i couldn't help but notice the lyrics. they sound as if she's heartbroken, or has been, like past tense.
luna: you said you wouldn't and you fucking did. lie to me, lie with me, get your fucking fix.
sounds like she got cheated on.... i got cheated on too..

-flashbacks-
drunk teens, couples making out, what you see at a regular party. olivia was nowhere in sight, i walked around the house trying to look for her. i went to the upstairs and heard an all
too familiar voice, followed by a male voice. "are you sure your boyfriend doesn't suspect anything?"

the male voice said, "daniel? haha no, he's so oblivious, he doesn't suspect a thing. he thinks i love him, but i don't, i'm just using him to get famous, and you're much better than him" olivia , my soon to be ex girlfriend said. i knocked on the door, and it was followed by them both saying "occupied"

i laughed to myself and spoke out, "yeah i know, you have fun olivia, have fun with your boyfriend, being single, and me going to expose you" i heard a gasp come from the room, the door opened to revel olivia "dani...." she started, but i cut her off  "goodbye olivia" i walked back downstairs and out the house with tears in my eyes.

-end of flashbacks-

luna was still singing, yet another line stuck out to me.
luna: everyone i do right does me wrong, so every lonely night i sing this song.
it looked like she was crying, maybe she's been hurt too, maybe we're more alike than i thought.
luna: all alone, i watched you watch her. like she's the only girl you've ever seen. you don't care, you never did, you don't give a damn about me.

i saw faint tears fall down her face, but she pushed them aside with a smile. she finished the song, and the crowd cheered as always. she walked off stage towards where we were, and she broke down into zach's arms. i wonder what her story is, how are we so similar, yet so different. i'm falling for the girl who looks just like my ex, and that girl has a broken past just like i do. have two souls never been more perfect for one another.

luna.james

james

luna.james ignore that i've been crying :) but new song out now!! it's called 'i hate you, i love you'
view all 4,920 comments
imzachherron u did amazing tonight best friend💓💓
seaveydaniel can we talk? *deleted comment*
lunafan i'm proud of u🥺💓
luna.james @lunafan @imzachherron ily💓

.....
'i hate you, i love you' is a song by gnash and olivia o'biren, but yeah :)) go listen to it. it's so good.