On ordinary days with no special occasions or whatsoever, Renjun usually wakes up at 7am in the morning. He would grab his phone and turn off his alarm, discard his clothes as he takes a bath and gets ready for work by 8.

But on rare rainy days, Renjun failed to wake up early. His alarm kept ringing not because he did it want to turn it off, it's because he simply couldn't do so. Now his morning starts with His husband who turns off the alarm for him. Donghyuck gets up from his side of the bed, while Renjun didn't move a budge.

Something's not right.

He stood up and crouched now to Renjun's body, placing his palm on the top of his still in bed husband.

"Sweetheart you're burning"

Renjun ends up in a fever.

Not thinking twice, Donghyuck calls one of Renjun's co workers from his office, telling them in advance that he couldn't come in today due to his condition.

Suddenly, Renjun sits up, eyes still closed, barely trying to open them up as he reaches out for Donghyuck. Hand landing on the tanned male's arm. "Hyuck, Sweetie,--- I'm fine. I'll just drink some medicine or something, you didn't have to cancel work so suddenly"

"Oh no you don't sweetcakes ,I've already contacted Chenle, he's filing you a sick leave today and you're not leaving this apartment till you get better"

Donghyuck scolds his husband, after he elevates the latter  pillow to support his back while he sits up. "Now be a dear and stay here while I make breakfast for us"

"Wait! I...."

"Yes sweetie?"

"I want to stay in the kitchen too— with you, sweetheart" 

Donghyuck can't tell whether his husband is blushing sanguine or it's just the fever that's affecting his body, but either way, he lifts his husband by placing his legs around his waist, arms around his neck as they both headed to the kitchen.

"Renjun ah, Where would you like to sit?"

"Anywhere as long as I'm near you" Renjun clings tighter around Donghyuck , this time, hiding himself from being seen, blushing like a mad man.

The tanned male chuckles when he places his husband on the counter top next to their coffee maker. "You should get sick more often, you're waaaay clingy than normal"

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean! I'm clingy towards you even if I'm not sick"

They stare at each other. More like giving each other a silent staring battle and who ever gives in first by smiling or laughing loses. But when two people are in love, it's hard to say who loses cause both Donghyuck and Renjun burst into giggles as they lost.

"Anything you want for today , sweetheart?"

"If it's not a problem, can you make seaweed soup and tea?"

"Anything for you"

;

Eyes fluttering open, slowly, trying to observe his surroundings, Renjun wakes up atop of his husband's chest, that gives out small breathing movements as he continues to sleep unbothered.

They both dozed off not long after settling themselves on their sofa. They were talking about work, how Renjun would often give unnecessary playful headlocks when Chenle visits him (bothers) in his office unnoticed. Donghyuck would share about the places they would usually go on tour with their group, from Both north and South America to Europe too, promising that he would surely bring Renjun on their next tour once they've published on an album they're working on.