liù

During summer back in the days when he still used to live in his hometown, Renjun and his family would have occasional hikes near the mountains. Summers in China are usually hot and the earth would be damn. It was highly advised to normally regulate your body fluid to avoid dehydration because in some days, the sun would be scorching hot.

But summers in Korea may often be hot, but humid, and often it would rain . Heat would be compensated and the weather would be perfect for an out door activity.

Currently, Renjun was outside his office building, phone in his hands , anxious as he waited for a call from his husband.

Riiiiing

"Hello"

"Sweetheart, where are you at the moment?"

"I'm outside the company building, say, Sweetie— are you busy?" He asks as he checks his back pocket, making sure he didn't leave his wallet before leaving.

Soft giggles are heard from the other side of the line. "Actually, I'm on my way to meet somebody". Donghyuck answers , his voice was audible enough as it seems that he could be walking near the highway.

"O-oh... you had plans today? You didn't tell me anything about meeting up with someone..." Renjun felt like his heart dropping, a little bit betrayed. "Wh-who are you meeting up with today Airen?"

"The most beautiful person on the planet"

"And who could that be????" This time, answers in an irritated tone, Renjun huffs along with his voice. 

"Turn around"

Before Renjun could complain , Donghyuck hangs up, leaving him to turn around to see no other than his husband smiling mischievously at him, with a small bouquet of daffodils on his right hand.

By impulse , Renjun ran in sprints towards his husband and hugs him tightly, ignoring a couple of eyes starting at them as they make a scene.

"Why are you here, sweetheart?" Renjun now asks in excitement.

"Obviously to surprise the most beautiful person in the planet and to treat you out for lunch" his husband days after handing him the bouquet followed by a soft peck on his lips.

Renjun thanks him, hugging the daffodils in his arms as he accepts Donghyucks invitation. They headed to a restaurant right across the street that served the most amazing Japchae (stir fried glass noodles) that Renjun loves and Bingsu. Being the clingy one, Donghyuck sits right next to Renjun, feeding him tid bits of kimchi and meat that they ordered as side dishes.

"So I was thinking"

"You can actually think?" Donghyuck playfully smacks his husband's arm as he continues, letting Renjun laugh , proceeding back to what he was about to suggest.

"I've been thinking, maybe we could go shopping after you get off work? There's a clothes sale at that shop you like and it was advertised in TV this morning ." He feeds himself the last bit of meat before he sets aside their plates and places their strawberry and vanilla bingsu in front of them. "To you know, scan for new clothes— preferably beach clothes."

Renjun gives him a hard look. "Where are you getting at Hyuck?"

Donghyuck takes a deep breath. "The boys and I are planning to go on a trip to Jeju island this weekend, it would be nice to have you with me... on the trip... to spend time together" He answers, voice becomes low.

Donghyuck knows how much of a workaholic Renjun can be and would often work on weekends whenever something comes up , or when he is essentially needed.

"Oh sweetie, I would love to." Renjun takes the first few bites of the strawberries of their dessert and smiles.
"But I need to finish all of my work before we leave for the weekend, which means working double time"

This time with a pause, Donghyuck falls silent. If he wants to make sure that Renjun would be there with him this weekend he needs to endure that his husband will be coming home late from work the following nights. Sighing, silently nodding his head he looks at Renjun with concern, but still agrees to what he is suggesting.

"Alright, but I have to make sure you're eating properly, so lunch is on me every day of this week, got it?"

Renjun kisses Donghyuck on his cheeks, a simple answer to what he agrees on. He knows better than to add more worries to his husband.

;

Time flies along the sun slowly setting down. The sky was beautifully painted lilac peach. People on the streets started to disseminate as they headed home, to eat out for dinner or probably catch the train before it leaves for its next schedule.

Donghyuck casually sits on one of the lounge chairs in their lobby while waiting for Renjun to get off work. He kept himself busy by scrolling down their group chat , back reading some messed up gossip and news.

His wait didn't take that long when Renjun called him out as they both headed out towards the mall.

It was now about a quarter past 5 and the population in the venue began to increase.

The two husbands decided to take a quick stroll that made them change their  location to a familiar building that was located at the end of the block from where they have been.

They entered a building painted in beige and gray, a boutique where several displays of branded clothes owned by a famous local fashion designer under the Name Xu-Kim.

Renjun and Donghyuck decided to look around for some summer clothes, and it took them about an hour to finish, with a little bit of quarreling in between.

Donghyuck was slightly frustrated with Renjun just wanting to wear swimming shorts without anything on top as cover, taking a couple of rush guards and paying them ASAP over the counter  before his husband could protest.

"Sweetie, there will be a lot of people on this trip, I don't like having other people's eyes on you"

"I know my love , it's just that, I've been working out a little, it's not bad to show off a little bit of my progress right?" His husband defends himself with a pout.

Donghyuck shakes his head and smirks. "Well, you can show your progress to me anytime Sweetheart" He leans in closer , invading renjuns personal space and whispers "You can show off everything, excluding your shorts too this weekend."

And with that, Renjun turns cherry red. He picks up their shopping bags once they were paid and headed for the exit in haste, leaving his husband behind.

"Oi! Don't leave me like that.  Wait for me!" Donghyuck gathers his change from the cashier , chuckling to renjuns reaction.

"I don't know you!"

ʕ º ᴥ ºʔ Why hello~ long time no update here

ʕ º ᴥ ºʔ Why hello~ long time no update here. Do you guys wanna know what happens next? ( ͡°ᴥ ͡° ʋ)

Anyways, See you on the next story