💜Chapter 1: Cheer Camp💜

Athena's P.O.V.

I finished running with the rest of the cheerleaders and caught my breath. I had been at this camp for almost two months already and I just wanted to go home and chill.

"Cheer camp! It's even more sparkly than I dreamed!" Bree said excitedly.

Hi, my name is Athena Wells and this is cheer camp. This cheer camp has been amazing since zombies have now joined the team. Last year, zombies attended Seabrook and I made friends with three of them. There were so many challenges, but in the end, we managed to fully accept them as part of our society.

My twin sister is my best friend in the whole world.

There's one thing that makes me and my sister different; our hair. Addison has pure white hair and I have a streak. Before, I always hid it through ponytails while my sister hid hers behind a wig.

As for me, I'm one of the LGBTQ people. I've always had an attraction to girls since I was 13. However, it wasn't easy. Most of the girls I would ask out rejected me and looked at me in disgust. I came out 3 years ago and I was relieved when my family accepted me.

Not long ago, we had enough and decided to embrace who we really were.

I also have a soulmate named Wynter Barkowitz. I've never met her.

We went outside to the back where we would be told how the day was going to go and stuff. Addison and I stood next to each other.

Bucky, my cousin, made his entrance and basked in the glory. Like he always does. He's also the cheer captain of the squad.

He motioned everyone to be quiet and they did.

"You all heard the stories of bloodthirsty monsters who roam these woods feasting on innocent cheerleaders." he began.

The Aceys jumped out of nowhere and scared Bree and Bonzo. I rolled my eyes. I hated them more than anything.

"Well, those stories are just silly make-believe. You better believe we're gonna break you down and build you back up into peppy little cheer machines. Like Lacey..." he started.

Lacey came in and did her entrance.

"Stacey," he continued.

"And our most recent Acey, Jacey." he finished.

Jacey did his entrance and I was impressed, so I clapped for him. He turned to shake hands with Bucky. "I'm Kevin."

Bucky gave him a look. "Right when we change my name to Jacey. Which I love by the way." he started. He nodded before joining Bucky and the girls.

"Long live the Aceys!" Bucky announced.

Everyone cheered and clapped as I did numbly.

He looked at them. "You three lead the veterans. You're the A-team."

Bucky looked at us as we were handed green vests. "Addison, Athena. You take the newbies. You're the uh...you're the Z-team."

I put on my green vest and stayed with my team.

"Zombies, this is obviously your first cheer camp. Now, I'm not anti-change, I'm just pro-keeping thigns the way they are because you don't mess with success. This week, the veterans and the newbies will compete for the Cheer Camp Cup to see who is more cheer-tastic. The veterans have always won the Cheer Camp Cup. Right Aceys?" he explained.

"Right!" they replied.

"We'll see about that." Addison challenged. I chuckled and high-fived her.