💜Chapter 10: Embracing The Real Me💜

Athena's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning to Wynter gently shaking me. I smiled sleepily as she placed a hand on my cheek.

"Morning, babe." I greeted her. "Morning, Athena. Come on, let's get up." she replied.

I got up and stretched before going to the bathroom to take a shower. Once I was done, I did the rest of my morning routine.

When I came back out, Wynter smiled before going into the bathroom as well. While she was in there, I changed into one of my new outfits and did my hair. I was happy with the result.

Once Wynter got out and was ready, we met up with the pack and walked to school

Once Wynter got out and was ready, we met up with the pack and walked to school. I held onto my girlfriend's hand the entire way there.

"So, how do you feel being a werewolf?" Wyatt asked.

I smiled at him. "It feels great. I feel unstoppable and fearless."

"Well, enjoy it because it's who you are." Willa told me. "Oh, I am enjoying it." I replied, making us laugh a bit.

When we got to the school, a lot of people were looking at me strangely and the two jocks from before scurried away when they saw me next to my mate and my friends. I snarled at some of the ones who would pick on me. Wynter smirked as she wrapped her arm around my waist, kissing my temple.

I saw Wesley, Wendy, and Waverly smirking at me as I would wolf out on those I least liked.

The bell rang and Willa looked at us. "All of us meet up where the trophies are at after lunch."

"We will discuss a plan to get the moonstone from Seabrook Power." Wyatt added.

Everybody nodded and we howled before splitting up. Waverly and Wesley followed me and Wynter as we went to our first class. We sat in the very back and I smirked at the students who stared.

I was finally embracing the real me. A werewolf who has an amazing pack and a perky, yet wonderful mate. This is who I was and I accepted it, as long as I could be myself and not let anyone try to take it away.

+++++++++++

I sat in the cafeteria with my friends and Wynter as I ate a sandwich and a soda. What? I may be a wolf, but I still love human food.

"So, you really think your sister's the Great Alpha?" Waverly asked.

"Yeah. I mean, she has white hair and she's not a zombie. Clearly she's not human and if she is the Great Alpha, she and I will be together as sisters forever." I explained.

Wesley smiled a bit. "You two are really attached, aren't you?"

"Good point. The way you two are when around with each other is unique. Just how close are you two?" Wendy added.

I nodded at them. "She's literally my ride or die. She's literally the best sister I've had. Addison was the first one I came out to about being attracted to girls and she was the first one to support me before any of our family did. One time before I learnt self-defense, I was being bullied due to my sexuality and she wasn't afraid to stand up for me. She's part of who I am. We can feel what the other feels, even pain. I really hope she's the alpha we're all looking for." 

'Athena, come to our meeting place. We're going to discuss the plan.' I heard Willa mind-link me.

'Okay. On the way.' I replied.

I looked at the others. "It's Willa. We have to go now." I explained.

They nodded and we all got out of the cafeteria, going to where she said to meet us. I followed her scent and eventually found her, Wyatt, and the rest of the pack.

We went over and saw Wyatt holding some kind of blueprint on the table.

I kept my arms around Wynter and snuggled into her shoulder as they went over the plan. Willa tried objecting, but her brother would come up with another strategy.

"It's my responsibility to make sure we're all safe." Willa told him. "We follow my lead."

"It's a good plan, Willa." he retorted back.

"What plan?"

We all turned and saw Addison walking to us. I smiled at her.

"We're going after the moonstone. Top secret. You can't tell anyone." Wynter explained. She gasped and her eyes widened. 

"Bad wolf, bad wolf!" she cursed herself, placing her fists on the sides of her head. I chuckled and wrapped my around her to ease her.

"You're going after the moonstone now?" Addison asked.

"It won't survive the detonation." Wyatt replied as I nodded my head.

"Then let me join you. I'm ready to become a wolf!" she explained.

"If you really are one." Willa told her.

I smiled as she opened the box. But the minute I heard her gasp, I knew something was wrong.

"It's gone." my sister said.

"You lost it?" Wynter asked.

"Why, Addi?" I asked her, feeling a bit betrayed.How could she lose something so valuable to us?

"Do you know how precious a moonstone necklace is?!" Willa yelled. "If she was serious about being a wolf, if she was the Great Alpha, she wouldn't have been so careless."

"No. I-I don't know how." Addison stuttered.

"Stay out of our amazing hair!" Willa said before flipping her hair and leaving. The rest of the pack started to follow as I looked at my sister.

"Athena, you have to believe me." Addison told me.

"Addi-" I started.

She shook her head. "I didn't lose it, Athi. You need to believe me. I had it right here."

"Athena!"

I turned and saw the pack waiting for me. I looked back at Addison and slowly backed away. "I'll see you soon."

I turned and walked towards the pack, Wynter grabbing my hand as we exited the building to go get the moonstone.