💜Chapter 4: When Paths Collide💜

Athena's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning not to my alarm, but my sister shaking me. I told her to buzz off and let me sleep a bit more until she told me it was the day of the nomination for the next class president and we had to be there early.

I got up, did my morning routine, got my cheer uniform on, had breakfast, and was off to school with Addison.

She ended up meeting with Zed, since I had to turn in some homework assignments to the classes I would miss.

Once I was done, I saw Eliza and she smiled when I met up with her.

"Hey, I missed you!" she said. "I missed you too!" I replied.

"How's it going, my favorite zombae?" I asked as we did a secret handshake.

"Well, fighting injustice and all. It's become a thing." she replied.

"I mean, we're all accepted to be together. What's the problem?" I asked her.

"They're tearing down Seabrook Power and I think we can evolve past our Z-bands." she replied as we began walking.

"Well, Eliza, you gotta enjoy life while you're at it." I replied with a smile.

"I'm not letting you miss the Prawn." I saw Zed talking to Addison.

"If you can't go, I'm not going!" she replied.

"Well, I like you too much not to let you go." he replied.

"Well, I like you too much to leave you behind. I am so not going." she replied as we got over there.

"Ugh, you guys even fight like a perfect couple." Eliza said as I chuckled.

"How's it going, Eliza?" Addison asked.

"You know, fighting injustice is keeping me busy." she replied.

"And looking good doing it, zombae." Addison replied.

"Addison, Athena!" I heard Bucky shout. "Time to officially nominate me as president!"

I rolled my eyes as did my sister. It was a twin thing.

"Cheer can be so much more than just pom-poming for Bucky." I said. "You're telling me." she replied.

"Addison! Athena!" I rolled my eyes as I heard Lacey's nasal voice speak.

"Once we're cheer captain, you are so off the team." she said.

I scoffed as I lay my arm on my sister's shoulder.

"And when I'm cheer captain, you'll be welcomed to stay because I'll be making cheer about bringing people together." Addison retorted back.

"That was awful trash talk." Stacey said.

"I know, right? You'll never be cheer captain, freak." Lacey said as she grabbed me and Addison.

"See you later." I told my friend as we walked off.

++++++++++++

I stood in between Addison and Bree as we were in the auditorium for the nomination, cheering and clapping as the principal spoke up.

"Are there any more nominees for president? Just a reminder that being part of student council means that we get to hang." she said, making all of us go quiet.

"Anybody wanna hang?" she asked awkwardly. I looked at Addison and hid my face behind my pom poms.

You know, when someone is embarrassing themselves and you can't help but feel embarrassed yourself because of how cringy it is?