💜Chapter 5: One's Savior💜

Athena's P.O.V.

I was sitting on one of the tables outside in the alleyway of the school. I saw that there were a few werewolves, including Wynter sitting down, snarling at the students every now and then. I chuckled as I went back to studying for my quiz tomorrow.

I noticed two jocks that were on the team hitting on girls and being douchebags walk past me. I rolled my eyes, since those two would bully me in middle school here and there because of my sexuality.

What made me more pissed off is what happened next.

"Hey, it's the dog freaks!" the first one said as they went to the table where my mate and her friends were.

The wolves snarled and the jocks just laughed.

"Stay away from us or things won't end pretty." Willa threatened.

"Oh what're you gonna do? Claw us? You can't even do anything without being sent back to that hellhole forest you call a home." the second one said.

I was getting pissed off at how they were treating the wolves. It ticked me off even more when the next thing happened.

One of the jocks threw some silver man jewelry at some of the wolves and it made them hiss and snarl. Some of the wolves got burnt a bit and I was worrying about them. The first jock grabbed Wynter and pressed his giant silver chain around her arm.

The wolves were growling, but knew they couldn't risk mauling the two since they could be arrested and they can't be here. My mate and I would be separated.

She howled in pain and at that moment, I slammed my book down and stomped over.

"Hey!"

The jocks turned around and the second jock turned around and just laughed at me.

"Well, look what the cat dragged in! It's the lesbian freak!" he sneered.

"Listen here, asshole. I don't appreciate what you're doing to the werewolves. They have every right to be here just like you. The only reason you pick on others is because you're just bored with your own, lame lives."

I pointed to the blonde jock. "All you do is have a different girl in your bed every night. I'm surprised your girlfriend hasn't dumped you yet."

He glared at me and he tossed Wynter aside and the wolves, including Willa checked on her.

I looked at the black-haired jock. "And you still sleep with a night light on and still play with dolls. Oh, I meant action figures. Not to mention your mom still washes your underwear."

How did I know this? Let's just say I was invited to a bonfire and they spilled their secrets out when they drank.

He glared at me as the both of them eyed me. I looked and saw Wynter looking at me with worry and fear. I could feel it through the mate bond.

"I also don't appreciate you holding my mate against her will. I'm going to give you two options. Leave them alone and stop picking on others or you'll pay the price." I challenged.

They both laughed before the blonde spoke. "You are mates with that man-killing beast? You barely even know her! Also, a small, nice girl like you shouldn't challenge people twice your size."

I chuckled as I took off my jacket and threw it aside. "I may look small, but I promise I can put you on your back."

"You little-" the blonde started as he went to swing his arm, but I dodged and kneed him where the sun doesn't shine. He groaned a he fell to the ground.

His minion went for me, but I dodged and did a judo-toss before kneeing him as well. He fell beside his friend and I knelt down.

Sorry I didn't mention before. I used to take karate when I was smaller and was a black belt.

"Not so weak now, am I?"

I stood up before looking at the werewolves. Willa and Wyatt looked just as shocked as the other wolves. Wynter looked at me with admiration.

"Forget them. They won't mess with you guys again. Especially with you." I eyed my mate at the last part.

I went to walk to them, but Willa stood up and got in front of her. I felt a bit down and I could tell Wynter felt the same.

I wanted to go to her and hold her in my arms, but I knew the alpha wouldn't let me. I sighed in annoyance, since she was preventing me from going to comfort my mate.

"Fine, then. If this is your way of showing your gratitude of me standing up for you and your pack, then so be it."

I turned and gathered my things before leaving, giving Wynter one last glance.

I just hope I wouldn't get in trouble for this.

++++++++++++

After I got out of my last class for the day, I went to my locker to put in some of my books in it. I looked in the small mirror I had and used a wipe to take off my makeup and let my hair down. Once I was done, I closed the locker.

I jumped as I saw the Aceys there with fake smiles on their faces.

"What is it?" I asked, clearly annoyed.

"Oh, nothing. You know, telling you that you will never be a cheer captain." Lacey replied as she and her minions snapped their fingers.

I rolled my eyes. "And you will? Please, nobody wants a Barbie as a captain because it will be all about looks and fantasies. Now, if you'll excuse me, I got other things to worry about than a bunch of minions."

They gasped before Stacey slapped my books out of my hand.

I heard a growl and we all looked to see Wynter flashing her eyes as she eyed them. She looked at me and I could see the possessiveness, desire, and longing in her eyes.

"Go!" she snarled.

The Aceys squealed and scurried off as I grabbed my books. Once I stood up, Wynter sent me a sweet smile, which I returned.

Before I could even thank her, the alpha called for the pack to move. My mate gave me a small smile before following the pack.

Does the alpha hate me? What did I do wrong? I just wanted to be with Wynter.

Oh, well. I'll find a way to work things out. Hopefully.