💜Chapter 13: The Moonstone💜

Previously....

"I love you, Wynter Barkowitz. I am so glad I found you." I confessed.

She smiled before placing a gentle kiss to my lips. Her lips were cold, but that was the least of my worries.

"I love you more, Athena Wells. I'm more than happy that if I die, I die beside you." she replied.

I felt tears in my eyes and I let a few fall as I snuggled into my mate for what would be the last time.

I watched as my sister and Zed danced together with the rest of the couples. I smiled, feeling happy that my favorite couple made amends.

Suddenly, the place began to shake and I heard a couple people yell "Earthquake!"

I grabbed Wynter's hand as we stayed close with the pack in order to follow everybody out.

Nothing prepared me for what happened next.

+++++++++++++

Athena's P.O.V.

We all ran through the hallway until the ground collapsed and a bright, purple light shined through the fault line.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"The energy from the moonstone must've created the fault line. If we follow this crack, it may lead us to the moonstone." Zed explained.

I smiled as I felt hope rising inside me. The moonstone wasn't gone! We still had a chance!

"So, it's only buried and not destroyed!" Addison said.

The ground shook again as Wynter hung onto me. Everybody was screaming and trying to keep their balance.

"We have to get to it!" my mate cried.

"Quickly, while we still can!" Willa said as she went down. Wyatt and Wynter soon followed. I looked at my sister and she grabbed my arm before I could go in.

"Be careful."

I nodded before going into the crack and following the pack. The light was getting more brighter the further we walked.

"It's this way! I see the light coming from Seabrook Power!" I heard Willa shout. Trying not to fall, I walked over steep steps and made sure to watch where I was going. We were led to a small room and I gasped as I saw the moonstone there.

"Here it is!" Willa said, excited.

I took off my necklace and put it on the moonstone as the others did the same. After a few seconds, I took it off and it was glowing. I clutched it and roared with the pack, feeling the energy course through my veins and my power coming back.

I heard my mate shriek as the place rumbled again. "We have to move it out of here." I said.

"Legend says that together, our pack can move the stone." Wyatt added as I put on my necklace.

"All of us, lift!" Willa ordered. We all tried lifting it, but it was no use, We didn't have enough strength.

"It's too heavy." Wynter panted.

"There's not enough of us." Willa replied, panicked.

"Then, maybe you need to expand your pack." I looked and saw Addison walk in with the zombies and humans.

"Addison!" I smiled.

"We came here to help. Come on, everyone. We got this!" she encouraged. We all surrounded the moonstone, ready to lift it.

"Hurry, before it's too late! Together! Lift!"

We all managed to lift it, but the ground shook and the slab blocked the entrance. "Chamber's collapsed. We can't carry the moonstone through." Wyatt said.

"Your Z-Band! It's still broken. Zed, take it off. Lift the slab. You said you can do this." Eliza told Zed. He shook his head. "I'm not ready. What if I can't control it?"

The place shook again and I held onto a pillar. We didn't have much time left.

"Zed. You have to." Addison told him.

He looked at us and I smiled and nodded at him. He sighed before taking off his Z-Band. Veins crawled up his skin and he roared, trying to control it.

"Come on, you can do this!" my sister encouraged him.

Zed turned around and lifted up the slab, giving us time to lift the moonstone and carry it out. I used my wolf strength to help move it and set it down.

Suddenly, the slab shut and when I heard my sister shout, I feared the worst. I turned around and saw a cloud of dust and no sight of Zed.

"Zed!" Addison cried.

I held my breath as I stood next to my mate, trying to see if Zed was okay or not.

Soon, a bright light shined and Zed walked through the dust, unharmed. Everybody cheered as I breathed in relief.

"Oh, thank God." I muttered as I hugged Wyatt.

"We crushed it! We nailed it! We so rock! Yes!" Wynter exclaimed.

She looked as Willa gave her a look. "Too much?" Willa smiled. "Perfect, We did it!"

I hugged Wynter and she kissed my cheek before I went to hug Willa.

"Say 'brains.'" Eliza said as she held up a camera. "Brains!" they said in a cute way as the photo was taken.

"We're getting our first zombie on the Prawn Wall of Fame." Eliza said.

I gasped as I howled happily, the wolves joining me. I was so happy for them! They deserved it!

Bonzo let out a howl and Wyatt looked at him impressed. "Hey, you said that perfectly."

"Bonzo's got an ear for languages." Bree explained in a flirtatious way.

We all laughed as I leaned into Wynter's side.